675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

So I fitted It today

Discussion in 'General' started by Anonymous, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

I fitted my Scorpion Can today, what an absolute ball ache to get it straight, anyway fired it up and to be fair its not that loud, will it break in? has anyone had a scorpion from new?

2. henrymc

henrymc

nope have not had one,
    they say that a can will bed in but the diffrence you will notice in sound will be negligible, take the baffle out, but you may want to get a map for it, because it will run rough with the standard map best but not cheapest is to put a power commander111 on and have it custom mapped, better set-up plus the throttle response is far crisper.

3. J.T

J.T

I sthat with the baffle in or out?

If it's with it in then of course it will be quiet. Previous bikes I have had have been quieter than stock with the baffle in. But very loud with them out.

I looked at a scorpion myself but ended up getting the arrow. With the baffle in even the arrow is very very quiet but sounds awesome when you get it out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous

Mine didn't come with a baffle, I have to buy it separate, I Spoke to Scorpion before I bought it and they said they developed the cans for the triumph triple challenge and it won't require remapping, The bike runs fine both on idle and under load no real difference in running so to speak but time a mileage will tell I suppose. I was more curious as to whether it'll get much louder as I know the neighbours will complain.

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Do you really care about the neighbours... I've managed to upset them on both sides, and I'm hardly ever there...

Think you'll find that your can will get very loud at about 6 - 7K. My TOR does that - nice and mellow at low revs but when I let rip it makes such a lovely noise. Over 10k and I can't hear it cos of the induction roar (and I'm partly deaf anyway) so I need someone else to ride my bike past me in 3rd at 10K please :D

On my D650 I introduced a controlled leak to make it even noisier - 3 small washers on the bolts, worked a treat :D Hey Darren, you could try that, will cost you all of 50c :cool:

6. ok im not too far away Ed wanna bring it up?

7. Edski675

where are you, G?

8. Edski675

GSI you gotta give it some stick, OK??? No namby pamby stuff, I mean give it a caning. Then report back how many windows you've shattered and how many kids' eardrums you've split :twisted:

9. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Chop the can in half! Put a bigger end cap on and then the neighbours will have something to complain about!! Thats why I live on a farm with no neighbours! Muahahahaha!

10. D41

D41

Nah! With me earplugs & helmet on I can't even hear the exhaust anymore at anything more than 50-60 mph. Besides, it already sets all the cars alarms in the street off. :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

11. got the triumph race can on mine and i love it cos at the lower evs its hardly noticable, then over 6k and it opens up :D that way keeps the neighbours happy when im leaving at 0330 for work :D