675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

South Shropshire (and a bit of Powys) - 9 May

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Edski675, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

I'm organising another rideout - on Saturday 9 May - leaving Shrewsbury at 10am and going down to the Cross Gates near Rhayader, then on the A44 :D to Leominster, and back via Ludlow and Bridgnorth. It's a cracking ride, I did it last year the other way round - called it 'Marches Meander' (MM) so this is MM2.

Details here:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=127513

2. too far away for me, but have fun and no breaking the speed limits :lol:

3. Edski675

Edski675

Shame. I used to live in Saltash, and MIL still lives in Falmouth, I know all about how far away it is...

Breaking the speed limit - I wouldn't dream of it Nigel :D

4. i grew up in saltash, moved to plymouth when i was 18...you didnt go to wearde comp did you..it is a shame there arent more 675 riders down here...you cant have a rideout with only 3 riders :(

5. Edski675

Edski675

No, but I lived next door to Chris Armer who teaches English there. We lived at 22 Higher Port View.

6. Edski675

Edski675

Anyone wanna come?

7. Ed i'll go if i'm not working. Hopefully getting another week or two off in may as I've still 10 weeks holiday to take this year.

8. Edski675

Edski675

10 weeks!!!!!! I get 6 for the whole year and I think that's generous.

9. 6 WEEKS!! :eek: ! i get 4 and that includes public holidays and i have to take at least 6 days from that to cover shut down over christmas.....how the other half live :D

10. Edski675

Edski675

I think you're entitled to 25 days by law plus bank holidays.

As for me I'm self employed so I can make the rules up as I go along (well as long as my business partner agrees). But I do think 6 weeks is fairly good.

11. Stu

Stu

28 days as of 1st April this year if you work a five day week. This could include public holidays if you employer your employer is tight.

Check it here

12. I do get 6 weeks a year but i've 3 weeks left over from last year and 3 extra weeks for not leaving the army yet. Dunno when ill get it all in though. I wish the MOD would start paying out a days pay for any holiday not taken. I'd be able to get a 2009 model.

13. Stu

Stu

Leave is an entitlement in the Forces now. Don't they payout for untake leave the tight bastiards.

14. Will try and make it but depends how I am feeling after Mallory on the Friday.

Midgeman.

15. The Fridge

The Fridge

holidays whats them, i'm lucky to give my self 3 wks off, plus the odd day wen the weather is really foul ;)

would love the ride-out but yor 90 odd mile away b4 i even start! shame :(

16. Stu

Stu

Fridge, does that mean you are self employed? If so you have a crap boss :D :D :D

What do you do?

17. The Fridge

The Fridge

yeah Stu i'm self-employed. i'm a visionary technician.
    ok i'm a window cleaner.
    not really bothered 2 much with hols, prefer to spend on my bike and ride all w'end

18. Stu

Stu

Ooh. I bet you have some stories to tell. Go on, whet my appitite, what have you seen through others windows.

19. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Fridge, if the ride dowwn to Shrewsbury is putting you off I could tagg along, maybe meet at Birch services on M62? Give it a thought :cool:

20. The Fridge

The Fridge

do u no Stu, i think i am the unluckiest W.Cleaner, all ive seen is a leg disapear round a doorway with a an almighty scream with it!
    and this was the best 1, the daughter who was fast asleep in bed, she'd b about 18/19, was showing half a boob and full nipple out of the covers.
    i did the gentlemanly thing and had to carry on ! ;)
    it made my day alright.