675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

South Shropshire (and a bit of Powys) - 9 May

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Edski675, Mar 13, 2009.

1. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi Jap, been thinkin it over. u fancy meeting at Birch Services M62 then.
    what time would i need to b there for?

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Fridge,

Sorry mate I won't be going down after all. Changes afoot. :?

3. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

Tis tomorrow, me ducks :D

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Off to the Lakes tomorrow just for the day so no go for me................ :(

5. Edski675

Edski675

Can't think why you'd want to go there, full of tourists :roll:

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Moving from Windermereto Kendal...............not a tourist in sight Edski

7. andysjt

andysjt

Ed,
    I missed the meet time , didn’t get to Shrewsbury services till 10 .50 as my daughter had her theory test booked for this morning & no one was available to take her except me , what could I do ?
    Anyway I follow the route down to welsh pool but didn’t see you ,so i popped down to Newtown & cut across to cavern arms towards Leominster but again no sign of you ,so headed for bridge north stopped as the shell garage at the turn for telford , didn’t see you so called it a day ,
    It was a nice route, parts I have ridden before, the road from Ludlow is a twisted beast that will have you if you an’t careful
    Anyway sorry i didn’t manage to meet up with the group , i still did most of the route but on my own , still there will be another meet soon enough
    Cheers
    Andy

8. Sorry to but it - was that the A44 ???

Did it a couple of weekends ago - what a road !!

9. andysjt

andysjt

hi scarlet , nice bikes by the way

NOT SURE IF ITS PART OF THE A44 , THOUGHT THE A44 WAS FROM ABBA INLAND TOWARDS WELSHPOOL NOW THATS ANOTHER BEAST OF A ROAD
    DO YOU KNOW , RUGELY - BLISSFIELD RES - PAST AMINGTON TO UTTOX ROAD ? ANOTHER GREAT TWISTER

10. Edski675

Edski675

Hello Andy

Shame but not to worry. We went down the A488 to Knighton, didn't go to Welshpool. Then down to Pen-y-Bont, turned right for the Cross Gates. Had a coffee & then along the A44 to Leominster, that is a cracking road. Only, I got stuck in the twisties behind 5 or 6 close bunched cars doing 35 - yes 35 - as it's so twisty I couldn't get past them all in one go, only way I could get past was one by one and forcing into the small gaps - and then when I passed the lead car responsible for the 35 the driver gave me the finger. Arsehole.

A49 from Leominster to Ludlow, B4364 to Bridgnorth - very very twisty with some corners that tighten up hard - then the B43698 through Corvedale to Craven Arms and the A49 back to Shrewsbury.

Met midgeman - good to see you!! Blimey he can ride.... Reallyfast... Also from here were keithspurs and xcbrrider.

Only downside was that Mark (I don't think he's on here) binned his 675 yesterday - he came up from the Isle of Wight, stopping with some of the people who came today, they went for aride and he misjudged a corner and the bike ended up in the ditch, crankcase ripped open, oil everywhere, bike looks a write off, Mark has a broken hand.