675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Speaking to Triumph

Discussion in 'General' started by mike675se, Jan 19, 2009.

1. mike675se

mike675se

Just been on the phone to the warrenty department at Triumph ref. my constant exhaust valve falure (and having to keep paying for it). The guy was really helpful and is going to look into it for me.

I just wondered has anyone else had a problem with their exhaust valve actuator (silly question I know) and had to pay for it or got it done under warrenty?

2. mike675se

mike675se

Well pogress has been made! The guy at Triumph has called me back to say he's spoken to GT in Plymouth and they are going to refund my money back as it is a warrenty issue! So just in case any of you get stuck in the same posistion as me there you go! From the horses' mouth, or something like that. :lol:

3. Stu

Stu

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

result getting your money back; but the garage should of know it was a warranty issue. Just seems like a lot of aggravation for no reason. Hope the problem is all sorted now though! :)

5. mike675se

mike675se

Yeah problem is sorted now. The dealer was under the impression that they were acting IAW Triumphs' policy and the guy in the warrenty dept. At Triumph was really helpful about it all. The garage mentioned that the've fixed 3 in the last 2 weeks lets hope those people claim as well.

6. nice one Mike -- result.

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Mike,

Had mine done last Thursday and it went again on Saturday, sorted it saying there was water in it and if it goes again they will have to fit a new set of down pipes as the vavle is a pain to get out? All done on waranty at the \Blackburn dealership recomended by Onlyonewayhome.

8. mike675se

mike675se

The workshop manager at my local dealer said that he wasn't aware of Triumphs' new policy on the exhaust valve actuator, which I found a little hard to believe. To be honest I switched off a little after he said about getting my money back.

It's also good to know that Triumph are always willing to help, unlike other companies.

I guess if I lived 'upt norff' then I'd take my bike to that garage you mentioned, but it's a liitle far to go. GT have been fantastic with everything else, so I won't write them off just yet.