675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Steering Damper and Loom.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by thetroublemaker, May 22, 2009.

1. thetroublemaker

thetroublemaker

Hi guys, got the 675 today, and i have noticed that the steering damper rod touches the loom on my bike, when i turn left.

Surely this is not correct? The loom seems fairly solid in place, but surely eventually the damper will eventually rub through the loom with "interesting" results?

Has anyone else heard of this?

2. Rowly

Rowly

Noticed that I have the same problem so it must be the same for everyone,
    Cant be much of an issue or Triumph would have sorted it, if it worries you
    either check it with the dealer or put some extra insulation tape on where it
    rubs? ;)

3. thetroublemaker

thetroublemaker

FYI guys - this seems to be a common issue - but the loom can be moved forward from there about 15mm to clear the damper nicely.

All sorted.

4. This thred is worthless without pictures ;)

Post em up please

5. bladebiker

bladebiker

Coincidentaly enough I was looking at mine yesterday and it is not attatched at one and at all, the other end is attatched only as far as I can see to the frame. The offending end is just nestling under the wiring loom below the clocks. I can't find any mention on the handbook about it so I am not even sure if this is a factory fitted item. Where exactly is the other end supposed to fit? Must admit i have not had a really good look yet but it is clearly not right! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On another topic I need a new headlight bulb - does anyone know the type and can I get one from Halfords or do I bite the bullet and venture into the dealers.

6. Stu

Stu

Headlight is H7 and main beam is H9 IIRC. Do a search on H7 as I've posted this before for historic purposes.

Stu

7. thetroublemaker

thetroublemaker

Steering damper is stock and as you say bladebiker.

Its fine - if your damper touches the loom when the handlebars are turned left your loom needs to be pushed forwards - its a common issue. i will get a pic tomorrow :D