675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Steering damper

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Anonymous, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

Hi everybody, has anybody had a recall over the steering damper bracket coming loose and jamming the steering,could be horrendous results :cry: , I spotted this on the other triple forum and checked up on the recalls for my bike, and there was an urgent recall on it . I've contacted local dealer and that was the the first thing they said . Just a warning, I'd hate for anybody to have an accident !

One more question, what are the headlights like at nightime, I have'nt done any nightime riding yet on the 675,but the cbr had amazing lights,just wondered because of for a group ride out Thursday night up to coast for fish and chips and a splash in the sea :) . Thanks

2. Thanks for the heads up, i just bought my bike a few weeks ago and the invoice had recalls checked stamped on it, so hopefully im sorted but good to let everyone else know.

Lights wise, i reckon they are really good, although i came from a Ducati 999 which has those bulb reflector kind which were rubbish! but it gives good coverage across the road and for a fair distance, full beam is good too!

3. The lights on my 675, especially full beam, are considerably better than on my car!

4. thanks for the warning m8, i'd better check that out. :eek: