675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

steering damper

Discussion in 'General' started by skijohnsonr, Jul 20, 2009.

1. skijohnsonr

skijohnsonr

sorry dont mean to be a bore on the subject but does anyone know if it is adjustable as there is a little screw on the side of it?

2. Ive no idea sorry :(

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

I don't know either but i am thinking about fitting a GPR damper instead :smileup:

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

xcbrrider on here has one for sale

5. kingfixer

kingfixer

I've pm'd him but no response :)

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Have PMd you his mobile number

7. SteveH

SteveH

Have had a look at the rubbish OE damper and it would appear to NOT be adjustable. Of course it could be just that the quality is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO poor that the adjustment can't be felt, making me totally wrong but having removed it and seen just how shoddy it is I'd thoroughly recommend an aftermarket jobbie. The GRP styled ones are favourite as they aren't directly in the firing line for road debris.

Steve

8. kingfixer

kingfixer

I am going to get one but money is bit tight at present :boo:

9. SteveH

SteveH

Tell me about it! Mind you I have booked 2 trackdays in the last week so I imagine tyres and a service will be my next spends on the bike. Although I have just done a mega overtime week so might treat myself to a new damper to :D just don't tell the missus ;)

Steve

10. I want Ian's GPR but I have Mallory booked on 1st Aug and Cadwell on 22 Sep - funds are extremely stretched.

11. Great Pretender

Great Pretender

How's this for a necro-post?!

Interesting comparison between my first Daytona (RIP) and my recently acquired one (with only 2700 miles on it). The steering on the new bike is far quicker than the old bike which makes the bike hyper sensitive on turn-in.

Can the standard damper be adjusted? If not, how easy is it to replace?

12. Wow, thread revival!

I replaced mine with a pitbull, very easy to do and IMO looks good.

Attached Files:

13. Bigmac

Bigmac

I like the GPR on my track bike and saw one go for quite cheap recently on the bay.