675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Sticking Gear Shift 3rd-4th

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by andrewsayer22, Aug 3, 2008.

1. andrewsayer22

andrewsayer22

Hi guys

I was at a track day last week and i had a problem shifting 3rd-4th when flat out. It felt like the shifter was sticking. It happened on clutchless upshifts as well as when using the clutch. I was wondering if anyone else has had a simmiler problem and what can be done to fix it. Needless to say when i got back on the power expecting it to be in 4th and it was in 3rd it revved the nuts off it and ime keen not to let it happen again!
    Thanks
    Andi

2. hey mate,
    i wasnt aware it was possible to do cluthcless up shifts on a standard daytona? i have given it a few goes without the clutch on occasions but with no success and it just stays in the gear until i pull the clutch in... but i may be wrong?? or maybe thats why you are starting to have trouble with you gears changes? i say take it to a garage to have it looked at professionally just incase theres some damage in the box :?

3. Stevo, i thought that at first too, but it just takes a bit of practise to get the technique right.

as for the gear change problem, i agree with Stevo, if it's sticking even when using the clutch.......get it looked at...... is it still under warranty?

4. Stu

Stu

Clutchless upshifts are easy. If you are having problems then you are probably taking too much load off of the engine. You only need to drop the revs by the smallest amount and the next gear slides in easy. :)

5. really? cheers for the heads up, ill give it a go when it stops raining!!!

6. didn't think it ever rained in Oz land, oh m8 that has cheered me up, makes our poxy wet summer almost bearable :D

7. haha it doesnt! but the heavens have opened up since i bought this bike, so frustrating!

8. Stu

Stu

Try living here. It's not frustrating, it's depressing. The last two summers have been a washout. Something to do with the Jetstream moving :(

Send some sun our way will you :)