675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Still here!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Rowly, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

Hi everyone, just checking in, it would seem the forum numbers are swelling, thats good.
    Despite me going to the Gixer you'll be surprised to learn that I haven't join another forum,
    I see Kev AKA admiral nelson is thinking of dumping the sports bikes? well Kev I can relate
    to the problems you are experiencing and despite the 675 been a brill bike and fast becoming
    one of the best British sports bike for many years it still is an uncomfortable beast at times
    especially at my age coming up to 55 and hands riddled with the dreaded arthritis I found the
    Gixer a little more forgiving on the riding position and am now enjoying my riding more than
    ever before, so Kev its not all that bad riding sports bikes even at at my age.
    Anyway hope I find all members well and a hello to all the new ones, wishing you all safe and
    happy riding in whats left of the season. :scarper:

2. kingfixer

kingfixer

Hi Rowly, hows it hangin :D

3. Rowly

Rowly

Now then kingfixer, going great thanks, still spending money on the Gixer
    with the usual goodies, Yoshi R55 can, double bubble and just ordered a
    hugger from Hotbodies in the US, hows things at your end?

4. kingfixer

kingfixer

Not bad mate, work is crap at the minute. Not spent anything on the bike lately been a bit skint !! off to BSB on sunday though :D :D

5. Rowly

Rowly

Went to Cadwell for BSB and Olivers Mount Scarborough to watch Mcguinness and Martin.
    Sorry to hear about the work situation, its not a position I would not like to be in, hope things
    improve for you soon, enjoy your BSB on Sunday.
    Cheers Rowly ;)

6. hello rowly, glad to see your still about

7. Rowly

Rowly

Hey up Nige, yeah I'm still hanging in there, lost any more Abba stand adapters lately lol

8. nope..lost a few marbles though..lol

9. Rowly

Rowly

That can be dangerous riding a super bike don't you think :?: :eek:

10. andysjt

andysjt

all right Rowly

good to see you are still rolling hope you are enjoying the last few weekends before the rain stars again

you did'nt fancy a trip down to the camp /fest then ??

11. Rowly

Rowly

Now then Andy, May have been a bit out numbered somewhat but I probably missed
    a great event, was there a good turn out by members???? I couldn't have made it
    anyway due to work commitments, looks like the weather is turning against us once
    more but may still get the odd day out especially during the week, there's less plod
    about and those unmarked jobbies try to catch you out :jaw: :jaw:

12. andysjt

andysjt

Rowly
    yes mate it was a good event glad i went ,good to meet up with folk & the ride out was the best for a long long time . there was about 10-12 who turned up not as many as i was hopeing but still a good turnout .

hope you will turn up to the next event dont matter what bike you got

13. Rowly

Rowly

Andy, may have to seriously think about that, as you say its great to meet other
    members and put a name to a face, arranging meets where everyone can be
    together at the same time can be somewhat challenging with so many different
    work commitments and holidays I have the same problem getting folk together
    on a ride out even when we all work in the same place, Ive been meaning to see
    Jap at the old Triumph dealers where he works but its like everything else getting
    time to do it,so if you read this Jap I ain't forgot mate.
    Cheers Andy :salute:

14. Hi Rowly, just letting you know Jap doesnt work there anymore.

All the best

15. Rowly

Rowly

Thanks Godzilla for letting me know, whats he doing now?

16. andysjt

andysjt

house huband last i heard ?

17. spike

spike

hey rowly, you old dog lol
    hows tricks m8, and hows the gixer treating you?
    good to see you still rattling around, shame you couldnt make the meet it was a good ride out ;)

18. Rowly

Rowly

Hey up spike, the old dog is still barking and the Gixer is fandabidozi too.
    Andy said it was a good meet, maybe get to the next one :D

19. Glad you are enjoying the bike Rowly. I went to Weston Bike Night last night from Pltmouth and it was awful. Bike was great but really uncomfortable. A lot of the others rode sports tourers and were ok but I felt terrible when I got home.

I hope everybody will not ignore me as I notice that I became invisible to other bikers with no more nods whilst test riding the Sportster Custom.

20. Rowly

Rowly

Hi Kev, Unfortunately and sadly there seems to be a kind of biking snobbery amongst us fellow
    riders which has always existed in some form or another, this also extends to lids, leathers, boots
    and even sometimes down to your riding style, you are always going to suffer from certain types
    of rider discrimination no matter what you ride for example if you're not in the 1litre club then
    you get snubbed by those groups, its down to who we are in the pecking order and has been
    since Adam, the way you are feeling Kev is perfectly natural after what you have been used to but
    if you decide to go with the Sportster Custom you will eventually ride with that group and become
    part of that scene and every one that rides past will acknowledge you once again, if you're still
    not convinced then I suggest you find a more comfortable sports bike or just put two fingers up
    to the system that exists, at the end of the day Kev its what you want and stuff anyone else.
    I hope this helps,
    Rowly :up: