675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

SUMMERS ON IT WAY ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by andysjt, May 16, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

well here we are again , starts promising enough but by may / June its pissing down again ,(well here it is anyway ) , I’m not against riding in the rain but let’s be honest it’s not the good is it ?
    went to chesterfield yesterday in the van & coming home i drove through some of the worst rain i have see for many years
    still , I am defo going out tomorrow on bike even if it is still raining, need to test luggage as i have set bike up for trip

2. Rowly

Rowly

Yeah rain again, where's all this BBQ weather we've been promised, I get this
    feeling that its going to be just like last year, its actually thundering now in
    Yorkshire yet again, not much chance of a ride this weekend either :(

3. Good - I love eating outside but cannot stand burn offerings from BBQ's :D

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

The secret is to microwave the food first. Most people set their BBQs too hot so the food gets burned on the outside and is still pink inside. So we 3/4ths cook it first and then shove it on the BBQ just to finish off. You won't get no burned offerings here :cool:

Anyway, rain. It always rains this weekend. It's my daughter's 11th birthday on Monday and it has rained on her birthday weekend every year except her 1st birthday, when we had a thunderstorm instead. We haven't bothered with a party this year because it's always a washout. Bouncy castles are damn slippy when wet.....

Drove to Bristol yesterday, a miserable drive down the M5, torrential downpours all the way. And more of the same here (back in S'bury now) today too.

5. andysjt

andysjt

got soaked today half way back from Leeds it really poured down , couldn’t got up enough speed to keep visor clear, but it did give me a chance to tryout my wet weather gear ,which wasn’t 100 % water proof to be honest , so pulled into the services till the rain ease off a bit , met a chap from Ireland on an 09 R1 , he just had it Saturday so the rain wasn’t going to stop him from riding his new baby for the first weekend looked a nice bike

6. Well Nige and I had a great ride out today. Don't know what happened but the rain stopped, the wind got up and dried the road and the the sun shone as we wizzed along :D

Nige's new Arrow sounds shagg#ng fantastic BTW.

7. yeah, it does sound good, :D maybe a bit too loud but wtf. :twisted: ..really enjoyed the ride kev and thanks for bailing me out, must do it again soon

8. Go it again. Must I pay for your fuel every ride? :D

Bloody stupid really cause I could have paid with my card if I had been as clever as ' The present Mrs W' :shock: