675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Sunday 13th Dec 2009

Discussion in 'Meets' started by SteveH, Dec 12, 2009.

1. SteveH

SteveH

Hi all,

Weather permitting I'm hoping to get out tomorrow. Meeting at Foxes Diner on the A4130 for 10am then prob gonna take a gentle ride over to George Whites in Swindon the back way through Abingdon - Wantage - Hungerford - Marlborough - Calne - Lyneham - Wooton Bassett - Swindon.

Not sure how we'll come back but maybe down the A420. If you spot us there will be me on my Masterbike, a yellow & Black gixxer 600, Aprilia factory (also yellow) or Trumpet Tiger, and maybe a yellow/black 999 Duc.

Maybe see someone, feel free to tag along more the merrier and all that.

My bike hasn't seen daylight for over a month now though so it won't be the most blisteringly quick ride ever but I just want to get out so fingers crossed on the weather!

Steve

2. Hmmm who is gonna lead - better make sure none of your buddies are speeding :(

3. SteveH

SteveH

The guy on the 999 is by far the quickest rider, and he can afford the fines so I'll let him get on with it lol ;)

Steve

4. Hmm how organised is your group, sometimes not the best idea to have the quickest at the front.

Slower peeps further back can make mistakes trying to keep up.

Not trying to criticise or cast aspersions at all now.

5. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

:lol: this country is becoming a nanny state with the lead pack rider issue, such nonsense. Sounds like the 675 is overdue a quick blast to blow the dust out of the can. The 999 is a great bike, like your thinking with the pack leader! :p Hope tomorrow holds out on good weather! :)

6. SteveH

SteveH

We're pretty relaxed about it all and just let him go. We generally know where we are going but if we're turning off the road or he doesn't know where he's going he just waits at the junction for us all to catch up then off we all go again.

It's definetely a NO PRESSURE to keep up group, makes for a relaxed ride. We have to many differing abilities in our little group to let it effect us and ride beyond our ability level.

Steve

7. cool, most important thing is that everyone has fun :) and keeps it shiny side up and gets home safe of course :)

8. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I hoped to get out this weekend but it didn't happen - on the bike I mean. Didn't get up till 10 on Sat, then was dad's taxi, home for 4, had to go out at 5.15 - we went to a drinks do where we dropped off the daughter, and then to a ball in Ellesmere - didn't get home till 2.15am and I think it was about 3 that I eventually drifted off. So got up late today, oh shit we're late for yet more drinkies, called in at some friends at English Frankton (north Shropshire) to fetch the child, quick shop in Sainsbos, and then to Dobbies to get a Christmas tree. Didn't get home till 5pm or so, just had a feed, and now daughter wants to put up the bloody tree and I'm fit for nothing.

9. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

Never mind Ed, you'll be out on tuesday!! :D

10. Edski675

That's keeping me going , Dave!! And accuweather says it's gonna be dry!!!! 5C rising to 7C, but no rain and no frost!!!!!! 75 miles from here to there, meeting andysjt at M54 J1 on the way. Hinckley here we come!!!

11. Davetona

Davetona Moderator Staff Member

I'm going oop north (for me anyway) in my van on Monday and staying at a mates in Swadlingcote????. Apparently It's about 4 hours away from me but only 30 mins from Hinkley. Can't wait!! :wave:

12. Edski675

Will be good to meet you, Dave!!!

Female insistence = tree now up. But I had a glass of gluhwein so can't complain :D

Steve - sorry, we have hijacked your thread. Did you get out for a blast?