675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Suspension set up

Discussion in 'How To's' started by cpatel89, Jun 10, 2021.

1. cpatel89

cpatel89

Hi All

My apologies if there is already a topic about this.

I recently had a fork seal leak and got my forks serviced by k tech (new seals, dust covers and oil)

They set the suspension up back to factory settings but I find it way to stiff for my liking. He did mention that the set up was a couple off clicks out

My riding experience is with this bike only 2010 Daytona.

Should I leave it as it is or shall I adjust the suspension the few clicks.

If I should adjust it can anybody advise what he means by clicks I’ve never changed the settings on the suspension before.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

2. StMarks

StMarks PTG

3. cpatel89

cpatel89

Appreciate that, seems a bit too much to read at this time off night I’ll give it a good go tomorrow
    Thanks

4. R4CKS675

R4CKS675

There's standard settings in your manual. Got different settings for sportier or softer rides. I have mine set halfway between sport and soft as the sportier/harder end is too stiff for my weight and the bike just skips over bumps.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using 675.cc mobile app

5. cpatel89

cpatel89

I seen that last night and I was thinking exactly off what you said and see what happens, the one thing I need clarification on is in the book it said the clicks are from the closed position. Would that be from when it’s set to the hardest?

6. It should say on the table but damper settings are usually clicks back from fully clockwise position, preload is sometimes the opposite, although that depends which page I read in my Thruxton manual:mad:

7. cpatel89

cpatel89

I read my manual and lucky it’s from the fully closed positioned so I’ve assumed that it’s like anything (righty tighty) and set it in between the standard and the sports setup like @R4CKS675 has done and it seems alot better back to what I was use to, but I’ve booked it in at rjs at Mallory to set it up properly

Thanks for all the helps guys

8. cpatel89

cpatel89

I’ve tried the softer set up and it still stiff as hell for my liking, does anybody know what actual grade off fork oil is standard for a gen2 bike? As I noticed that ktech have used a 15w oil which says medium/heavy and am thinking maybe just maybe they put the wrong oil in?

9. StMarks

StMarks PTG

It would seem very unlikely that they would fill with the wrong oil, however I was recommended to use : Motul Factory Line Light (5w)

10. cpatel89

cpatel89

I didn’t want to think that it would be filled with the incorrect one, but I noticed it on the paperwork last night, and when I did a bit off research I noticed that everybody says that it should be a 5w, I think I’ll give them a call and see what they say

11. cpatel89

cpatel89

I spoke to them and they have made a boo boo and put the wrong oil in even they recommend it to be 5w, luckily I’ve got my bike to get the set up done at rjs tomorrow and ktech said they will get rjs to swap the oil over

12. StMarks

StMarks PTG

Fwiw when I strip my forks down, and drain the damping oil, it takes "forever" to get all the old oil out.

13. cpatel89

cpatel89

Am leaving it with them all day, as they got to strip it all out aswell