675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

t3 crash bungs

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by miff, Oct 18, 2009.

1. miff

miff

hi all,
    im just about to fit some t3 crash bobins.
    has anyone fitted these before?
    does anyone have any tips?
    cheers,miff

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Yes - I have them on my bike.

Get a friend to help, as there is one bit where you need three hands - the kit comes with replacement engine bolts, the one on the left of the bike is a bugger to fit as you have to try to locate it on the nut that is way inside the engine and you can't see it - a really fiddly process. However fitting them is not difficult, just a bit irritating. Make sure you have the right tools, that's half the job - in particular you will (and I repeat, will) need a torque wrench.

3. bladebiker

bladebiker

These will be my next purchase, you don't have to drill any panels! Then it's either a two brothers or arrow end can. Any body got any experience of either?

4. Arrow all the way for me

5. +1 that nut on the left one is a biatch to do on your own an resulted in alot of foul langauage :D

6. henrymc

henrymc

have fitted GB bungs as described in previous post,
    same as T3's
    ratchet with two long extension bars and the nut in the socket pushed trough from the right hand side with gods little helper (the other half) on the end of it,
    then screw the bolt in from the left hand side,
    and torque it up,

7. personally i prefer the tone of the tor can but the arrow is still a lovely HOWL with no baffles in, may be worth having a listen to as many different cans as poss and make your choice from there, but they all sound gorgeous in their own way

8. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Nige how's tricks?

9. hi henry, things are about the same as last time we spoke...work is shite....life is shite....been out on the bike once since wales...things are looking up though..getting married next wednesday...got me stag do this saturday, grand prix go karting, should be a laugh...if your down this way anytime pop by for a drinky, be good to see you again..hows life with you?

10. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

You're getting married!!!!!! Well well!! Didn't think anyone would have you :lol:

11. neither did i, ED :D

12. miff

miff

wow, thanks for the tips, and good luck too nige for saturday

13. thanks mate, im gonna need it

14. kingfixer

kingfixer

You kept that quiet Nige !! have great stag do mate, will you end up tied to a lampost bollock naked :lol: :lol:

15. i fekkin hope not. :eek: ..they have all been warned that they face iminent death if they try anything

16. henrymc

henrymc

Congratulations Nige.
    yea watch out for the feckers at your stag,
    one of my mates got cling filmed naket to a lamp post across the road from a nightclub,he was wrapped from chest to thigh, he had a captive audance at chucking out time,
    was not happy with me when he found out it was i who provided the catering grade clingfilm, :twisted:
    where you of to on your honeymoon Nige :?: :idea:
    I will deffo give you a shout Nige if i am down your way, i will do the same for the other guys that were on the 675 get together,

17. andysjt

andysjt

congrats Nige , i hope it all goes well for you on the day & you enjoy your stag doo ,i remember my stag do it started at work when they put a ball and chain on me leg , all very funny untill i had to drive home from work and the fekers had gone with the key ........... um them was the days

anyway the very best of luck mate hope we will meet up again next year

18. thanks guys, unfortunately not going on honeymoon...cant afford it, but we told everyone if they want to give us a prezzie then we would appreciate euro's cos we dont need 15 more toasters and an iron so maybe next summer...i'm sure i can make the next 675 gig, just try and make it a bit closer will ya. :lol: cheers guys

19. miff

miff

fitted the bungs at the weekend. really quite easy, having little fingers which can reach behind the frame to hold the nut in place to get it started was a help. then have someone hold a socket on the nut with a long extension bar from the other side whilst i tourqued it up. they look nice and tidy too.
    p.s take care on your stag nige!!