675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

T3 racing engine crash protectors

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Iron Urchin, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

Hello guys,

some time ago i bought a set of the T3 Racing protectors, but never got around to putting them on, so, seeing as i've got all the fairings off at the mo i thought it would be the ideal time to finally put them on ...... oh silly me!!!

It really should be such a simple job, remove 2 bolts from the bike and fix the protector on with the 2 bolts supplied , do this on both sides of the bike. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for how to get at the nut that goes on to the left hand side front engine mounting bolt, it's driving me mad, i don't wanna have to start moving the radiator and stuff out of the way.

cheers.

2. hi mate, not sure what the t3 protectors are or where they go but ive just fitted a set of r&gs to my engine mounts and the only way i found to get at the nuts is to move the rad, 2 bolts either side and it pulls forward just enough to get a ring spanner on. an allen key on a hefty bar and some grunt should be enough to shift the bolt without loosening the nut first...hope this helps...good luck...nige

3. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

Thanks Nige, i'll give that a try. Here's what they look like.

Attached Files:

4. they look the dogs, better han the r&gs and you dont have to drill the panels, saying that, the r&gs only cost me 30 quid so cant moan really...have fun with it and good luck...only kidding..peice of cake really

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

They look exactly the same as the GB Racing Crash Bobins from ebay.

6. looked at them, couldnt afford 120 quid, wouldve preferred them though, just need some for the swingarm pivot now and ill have the entire set

7. Rowly

Rowly

Re left hand engine mounting nut as described when I fitted my GBracing
    crash mushrooms,I used a 450mm length 3/8 square drive extension bar
    from the other side while holding hex socket on the bolt head, the same
    applies on reassembly using torque wrench,works a treat. ;)

8. Iron Urchin

Iron Urchin

Cheers Rowly, i'll have another look.