675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Tank Off Pic Required

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

For some unknown reason my fuel tank won't sit down properly. The fuel hose is getting trapped between the fuel pump and somewhere! Can't be sure what's wrong so I'm after a pic showing where the fuel hose runs just in case I'm missing something obvious! Can anyone help. When I get home I'll post a pic of what mine looks like just in case anyone can spot what's occuring.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous

Here's a pic, can anyone spot anything? I think I may have got the pipe the wrong way!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you look closley I have the green connector to the tank and the white one to the injectors. Going to try it the other way round.
    [​IMG]

3. Hi buddy how you doing? I don't have a pic with my tank off. Is it possible that the hose should run further towards the back as I've indicated with the arrow. It looks like it may be catching in the area I've marked 'A'. Just a thought..... :)
    [​IMG]

4. henrymc

henrymc

Hi SiW I think the Controller is right from what I remember when I fitted mine after my re spray, in the photo above the petrol hose looks to be in the wrong place, also take care when you do get the petrol hose connected I had it come loose twice on mine because it was not seated properly, one of the times I was in the fast lane on the motorway, OOp's not a nice thing to have a dead engine in a situation like that, thought I had it fixed again and the same happened again, you really need two people to get this right, well I did anyway.

5. I had the same problem 'h'. Si and I have discussed this problem before. Mine came off a few weeks after I had messed around with the tank. I understand it is something to do with the sealing ring 'popping out' of the groove it sits in. I must admit I haven't looked into it more.
    Incidently I have come across a simple tool that can be made to help releasing the pesky fuel union. I'll did it out and post it.

6. God that fuel connector is annoying....it would be ok if you weren't terrified of snapping the fuel pump unit....I'm not sure how expensive it is, but I know it's more than I want to know, lol.

If the missus is around, her hands can get it better than mine. A handy excuse to get the other half in the garage and bore her with bike talk.

7. henrymc

henrymc

I have heard some where that as you have to buy the complete pump unit it will cost you £400 but I may have been given duff info on this.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous

Yep I got it wrong way round :oops:
    Here's how it should look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]