675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Tank protector

Discussion in 'General' started by postR1, Jun 22, 2009.

1. postR1

postR1

Hello all,

In an attempt to make the shockingly poor tank paint last a little longer, I have purchased some clear Stomp Pads for the tank sides.
    I now need a good quality tank protector (spine) which fits the 675 perfectly. Anyone got any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Thanks.

2. There's only one decent option - Triumph carbon IMHO. Hated it when I first got the bike (it was already fitted) buts its grown on me.

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

Got mine from 'Motografix' really good so far!! :D see 'my gallery'

4. I have the Triumph CF one......looks the dogs on my Red 675.

I didn'tlike the look of the spine ones with the cut outs and the Triumph one (in my opinion) looks good and gives excellent protection.

Also got venture shielf fitted to the sides of the tank to stop the wear and tear

5. SteveH

SteveH

I to have just given in to the paint finish and ordered some stomps. Was pretty appauled at the paint finish as my bikes only covered about 1300 miles from new, until I saw my mates 07 Blade, which has but 600 miles on the tank (ie still being run in and not ridden to hard) with worse marking than on my tank :O

Still got the matted section of the tank buffed up and ordered the grips today. Didn't really want to put anything on the tank but rather spend £40ish now protecting the bike than a couple of hundred quid getting the tank resprayed later on down the line.

If the bike was just a standard colour or standard bike then I'd probably have left it then got a trick paintjob when things got bad, but as it's a masterbike I think it deserves to stay in OE spec, as there's no other indication it's a Masterbike if the paintworks changed just looking at the bike.

I wait in anticipation for the grips to see if they are as good as their write-ups seem to rate them! Will keep all posted!

Steve

6. Have a look at the ventureshield stuff, it will protect the paint and you can hardly see its there.

7. SteveH

SteveH

Yeah I did consider the venture shield gear but as I do intend to track the bike as soon as I have some cash available then the stomp grips may well help me out there to as I do find on longer rides I tend to lose some lower body control towards the end. If I had some more time I'd get out running and strengthen my legs up and improve my cardio fitness level but having got a 6 week old son that kind of takes up most of my free time and the rest I want to spend riding the bike haha

Steve

8. Hi, wasnt trying to criticise, just offer some alternatives :)

9. SteveH

SteveH

I didn't think he was?!?! Just saying that I think I'm not as fit as I should be ;)

Steve

10. I'll second the call about the venture shield for anyone who is thinking about it.

There are some pictures in my gallery of it applied and you can hardly see it. The only time it shows up is when you get polish on the edge.....but that is easily wiped off....