675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Techspec tank pads

Discussion in 'General' started by kingfixer, Nov 13, 2009.

1. kingfixer

kingfixer

I don't know if this is common knowledge but i bought some new 'fusion techspec' pads this morning and there is now a uk distributor set of pads £30 including delivery....spot on :D :D

2. Penfold

Penfold

Fitted set of their snake skin pads to mine yesterday, no more sliding forward for me!

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

I ruined mine by thinking sticking them together would keep them sticky...good idea till you try and get them apart totally shagged, so bought some new ones today. picked the bike up from Fowlers this morning after they gave it a once over and i was slipping allover the place didn't realise how much i would miss the techspecs.

4. henrymc

henrymc

Is that Speedycom Mick? saw that they are doing them now, I want a pair of snakeskins, Techspec make two shapes but not sure which ones speedycom stock any pics Mick and Penfold ?

5. Penfold

Penfold

Yes mate, got mine from speedycom. Not sure how much they where as my bro got them for me for b/day. They do them in standard size (what i have) and 30% smaller. Will upload some pics of them tomorrow.

6. kingfixer

kingfixer

I'll post some pics when i have fitted mine, i have ordered the standard size as well. :D :D

7. Penfold

Penfold

Uploaded some pictures of snakeskin pads to my album.

8. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Penfold had a look at your pictures, nice looking bike you got, its the more angular shape of the snake skin's i am after, think they must be what they refer to as the 30% smaller type? Will give them a ring on Monday to see if they have them in stock.

9. yeah i did a group buy for them last year and the guys in the states were saying they were nearly there for a UK distributor

10. kingfixer

kingfixer

Did you get any henry? which ones?

11. henrymc

henrymc

Hi Mick.
    No I did not get around to it yet, will be geting the smaller ones I think, have seen them on the Tec spec site on a 675 and think they look good,
    I am in the middle of making a exhaust hanger at the moment. So that my Zard exhaust will hang from the rear foot peg mounting points. At the moment it is hung of the rear set mounting point and that mean's I got no adjustability on the Gillies rear set until I change it. Got the template made just got to source some aluminium of the right gauge to make it from.

12. kingfixer

kingfixer