675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The "Beast" is no More.............. Fairwell 675

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, May 3, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well looks like I have been rumbled :?

After 8000 in 7 months (1 of which was snowed off) I have made the decision.

To say fairwell to The"Beast"........................................ :shock:

7 months, 8000 miles a great tour of Europe, 1 spill, new headers, starter mtor relay and a set of new front disks, 8 visits to the dealers and still only lost £1k

I am not turning Japanese but have gone for a nice shinney new Black..............................

Triumph Sprint ST :cool:

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_EuropeanBikeTour2009053.jpg

Just like this one but with top box, heated grips, gell seat, and Aro Screen............. Order went in Saturday

So the "Post Hore" is no more....................................... :( :geek: :ugeek:

I would just like to say I will still be around, open to meets, My next two are the RBL Iron Ass 1000 in 24 hours in June setting off from the "Milk Bar" and then in Octtober ish a tour of Scotland with the Europe Crew.

I wish each and everyone of you all the very best with the meets and the ride outs and if you can cope with a ST tagging along I will be more than happy to attend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great meeting with you Stu & Jean and hope you want to sponcer me on teh RBLR Ride in June :cool:

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Please don't leave here... :(

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I Ed, don't worry I will not vanish in a puff of smoke.

Need to show off my new "Beats 2" :cool: :lol: :twisted: :ugeek:

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Shall look forward to the pics!!

5. The Fridge

The Fridge

wishing u the v best with ur new stead Jap. hopefluly meet u 1 day.
    at least u r stil on a Black Triumph, way the best color and the fastest too! tc,
    Dave

6. aaaawww, another one going....take care of yourself and beast No. 2, pop back often and let us know how youre getting on...wont be the same without you..may even get meself a sprint when im OLD enough :lol: .cheers mate

7. Rowly

Rowly

With the miles you rack up Jap its a good move with the sprint st.
    Good on ya for sticking with Triumph, and keep us updated with
    the new beast, take it easy and all the best :D

8. RICH675

RICH675

I WAS CONSIDERING A SPRINT AS WELL. TOO MUCH PILLION RIDING AND FANCIED THE OPTION TO TOUR. BUT AFTER A 4 HOUR TEST RIDE MY ARSE WAS NUMB MY WRISTS WERE ACHING, THE ONLY POSITIVE WAS MY GIRL WAS MORE COMFORTABLE. GOT BACK ON THE 675 AT THE DEALERS TO RIDE HOME . . . . . I WAS ALL HUNCHED OVER AND IT WAS LIKE SITTING ON A LOLLIPOP STICK. . . BUT AAHHH COMFORT AT LAST AND AFTER 2 MINUTES DOWN THE ROAD I WAS BACK IN 675 HEAVEN. STRANGE INNIT ????? I SUPPOSE HORSES FOR COURSES. ENJOY YOUR NEW RIDE MATEY I AM SURE YOU WILL STILL MIX IT UP WITH THE SPORTS BIKE RIDERS.

9. andysjt

andysjt

good luck with yr new bike jap ,i thought you had itchy feet just b4 your long trip , given your rideing capacity i can see y you have gone for the beast 2 ( did you not think about 1050 tiger ? )
    anyway best of luck it was nice to ride with you & the gang to barmouth , i hope you will join us for a ride again
    cheers
    andy
    ps please post some pics & tell us all about the sprint st when you have had a play

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Thank You ALL very much for the kind words.

Andy I will deffinatly be coming down to ride with the Wales Crew "As long as Edski Invites me" ;)

Rich675, I know what you mean about te numb hands had that myself on my two overnight tesst rides but after a couple of rides it goes, must be the change in position, One thing I have noticed is the comanding view of the road, loack of wind blast, and how fresh I feelt when I got off. As for the nump bum well I've gone for the Touring Gel Seat, Heated Grips and Tour Flip Scean along with top box and fixing kit as my £800 worh of free accesories.

Just a materof taking it steady on the 675 till it arrives in 10-14 days.

Then the fun and joy of "Running It In" and first 500 mile service. I will book it in three days after pick up and do what simillar to the 675 drove to Hull and back twice pluss a couple of trips to work 500 miles done. This time I am planning togo straight down to my mates in London and back - 500 miles round trip Run in DONE!

Well I willlet you all know how "Beats 2" Does.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Jap, what made you decide to change bikes, thats a complete different riding style for you ? Wish you all the best with beast 2,
    look foreward to seeing you on the new bike. Are coming down for the ride out on Saterday ? :D

12. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

What Ride out on Saturday :?: :roll:

I feel I have used all my luck up flying about like a Tw%** and the ST will chill me out a little plus with the touring I am planning the ST will do the job with a little less hastle. :geek:

The panniers were great and did what they say on the can but having the fitted luggage will be fwr easier to deel with. As for my riding style may be I do need to calm down a little :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope to see you all again in the not to distant future ;)

13. Thaibite

Thaibite

Awwwww, don't go Jap. It's still a Triumph, you can hang around still can't you :?:

Jean

14. Jap,

Sorry to see you go (though I get a feeling you wont be going far!). Thanks for all your input and help you've given on this forum.

15. jimjam39

jimjam39

Sorry to see you go Jap :( , but i'm sure i will see you around sometime on a meet :)

16. Rowly

Rowly

Jap you cant go without one last pose, sorry I mean post with your new beast.
    In the short time I have known you on the forum you have been a well respected
    member and well liked by all so you will be sadly missed, have many safe miles
    on your Sprint don't forget to pop in a post now and then to keeps us updated.
    Rowly :) :)

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Tank you all for the kind words. Rowly, when the ST gets here I'll make sure ou all get to see her.

I will of course post now and again.............. especialy looking for Sponcership on my next little adventure

1000 miles in 24 hours from the Squires Bar nr Selby in June.

http://www.rblr.co.uk/RBLR1000.html

18. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I hope the ST gives you a good lease of life on the road, especially when carrying pillions, sport bikes kinda make it that bit more tougher with pillions! :p You've had a great input into this forum, so where abouts shall I create the Triumph ST section?! ;) Hope you'll stick around, as for the sponsorship... - how can I get the money to you?! :D

19. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

High Craig, Thanks again for the kind worde, I will do my best not to drive everyone mad with the print ST Life story :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for he sponcership, I'll get back to you or print out the form, add your info and £££ and post it up to me I think that would be the best way. Thank you againand I will no doubt post a report. Already looked at the Sprint ST site :eek: :? :( :( :(

Think Ill be sticking around as a "Honery Member" :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool: