675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The clip speed camera bosses and the BBC wouldn’t allow us t

Discussion in 'General' started by SV_Justin, Jan 31, 2009.

1. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well if the Biker was doing 137 round the bend he would have been in the middle of the field................... ;)

What a load of tosh the Land Rover was catching him up round the bend :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. No way was he doing 137!

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

lol, I do think the cameras cause accidents, but probably only a small percentage when it's weighed up against preventing. However there are far too many cameras placed as a money machine causing an inconvenience to all motorists at times. I've always thought they should give a warning on first offence, then fine/penalty.

5. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Yeah i couldnt agree with that more craig. Ever tried riding through Richmond, if you take the M3 route in speed limit is 70 then 30 then 50 then 40 then 30. And where it drops to 30 the first time is 2 lanes in either direction separated by a central reservation with a few slip roads joining and then where it is 40 is a single carriageway in either direction with a million side roads and junctions, and that bit of the road is lethal! But the entire stretch is absoultely littered with cameras and mobile units and police with radar guns. Now that is definately money making. Its bloody dangerous!

6. I drive from Richmond to near Basingstoke every day. Unless you dedicate 50% of your concentration to remembering what the speed limit of that particular stretch of 3 lane motorway is then you're liable to get it wrong. Especially on the M3 / M25 intersection where the coned off lanes end so you think the speed limit must go back to 70 but it remains at 50 for another half mile. I don't see why they have coned off half the motorway permanently anyway!

7. I'm usually a law abiding citizen but if some organisation were to set themselves up with the mission of destroying speed cameras they'd get a regular monthly contribution from me! hehe

8. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I didnt quite get my speed limits right, but we get the idea it is ridiculous that bit of road into Richmond. The money-grabbing, thieveing barstewards. Its dangerous how the speed limit changes, and there is no logic behind it.

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Just a tip when you get up the Lakes.......... M6 junction 36 off towards Newby Bridge, dual carrigeway goes from 60 to 50 and the speed cameras are there but not a single speed sign. Only foud this out when driving and the TomTom pointed it out?

Two folks have contested their speeding fines and have won on te grounds there are no speed indiction signs?

Just thought I'd let you know in case your ever up that way .