675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The First Annual SixSevenFiveFest

Discussion in 'Meets' started by OnlyOneWayHome, May 13, 2009.

1. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Hi,

Lots of us seem to be starting to meet up now and I was wondering if between us we could organise a meet where most of us from this forum could get together? I was thinking a 2 day event, that was far enough in the future then it could be planned into diaries. It would include BBQs, Booze and lots of riding (before the booze, obviously). Maybe even get some sponsorship to help with costs?

This is just an idea and I was wondering what everyone thought of it?

2. sounds like a brilliant idea, if the dates are right i'll be up for it.

3. kingfixer

kingfixer

Yeah, sound like a brilliant idea to me too, not really bothered where it would be, well apart from john'o'groats :lol: :lol: :lol: hopefully the dates wouldn't clash with anything :D

4. There is a thread going on the Daytona 600 site where they are trying to get a meet in the Midlands with camping BBQ and a trip to the Museum at Hinkley. Perhaps we could combine it!

Kev

5. jimjam39

jimjam39

Good old fashioned "gatecrashing" :lol: I'm up for that

6. And tell them of course how 3 is more than 4 :D

The www.daytona600.org site is for TT600, Speed4, Daytona600/650/675.

7. sounds like a spiffing idea to me, im in if i can

8. If I'm around I'm in...out.......er... Yeah! :roll:

9. 3 is greater than 4 - men :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm still here you know :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Am trying to organise this one (trying - very - yes)

Am looking at venues / B&B / Camping options

10. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

There's a similar thing on the SV site - an Annual Rideout - the social side has taken over the ride. It usually attracts about 70 - 80 bikes. It was in thr Cotswolds in 2005, here in Shrewsbury in 2006, Lake District in 2007, Yeovil 2008. This year it's in south east Essex, near the marshes etc. I'm not going as the date's not convenient (1st w/e August - we're on hols) but I'm going to the Scottish one at the end of June, at Tyndrum - somewhere on the A82 about an hour and a bit above Glasgow. Would be great to do a 675 one :cool: The problem is that we have members spread a long way apart so finding a convenient location and not all falling out over it will be the hardest bit. Once we've decided on location, someone ought to plan a route - experience is that it needs somebody local to do this as they know the roads. Otherwise it's no problem to find food and beer :D

11. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

I like the idea of all 675s but if to get it going we all piggy back/gatecrash on the daytona600 one then brilliant.

Scarlet, are you organising the daytona600 one then?

12. Edski675

Date needed. I can't do the first weekend in August, the middle one also is hard, and I would not be Mr Popular if I disappeared on the bank hols weekend either :roll:

Scarlet me old cheese can you get them over on D600 to agree a date.

What dates can everyone else do???????? For me, 8/9 and 22/23 August work best.

13. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

So many people are away in July and Aug, I was thinking around the begining of Sept. The first couple of weeks of September are normally quite nice.

14. Edski675

Aaarghh. Not first weekend please, that's my wedding anniversary.

15. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

OK then, the second weekend in Sept. The 12th and 13th of September OK?

16. Edski675

Yes fine for me - but what about everyone else? We need to get a date fixed, peeps - can you say whether OK?

And Scarlet, how does this chime in with the D600'ers?

17. Stu

Stu

If it doesn't workout with the four cylindered ones, may I suggest the Milkbar AKA http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/ It's in the middle of the cuntry, it's a pub, it's a cafe, it's a bike meet, it's a campsite and it has a bike shop on site. Some very good roads in the area too.

18. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Sounds like a plan Stu. If it's all there and all we need to do is turn up, lets just agree a date!!

19. Stu

Stu

I can't do the week after next as I'm on holiday touring Jockland but any time after that :)