675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The Fridge's new 2Bro's can

Discussion in 'General' started by The Fridge, May 10, 2009.

1. The Fridge

The Fridge

here it is folks, the long awaited video and pics of my new can.
    in my opinion it looks and sounds fantastic :D
    what do u lot think?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzSHaY6giLk[/youtube]

[​IMG]

lousy weather this w'end so havn't been able to shrink those chickenstrips. they're an embarrasement! :oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you may hav noticed that there is no tail tidy, a bracket has been customised for the No.plate until 2Bro's sends the correct (UK) tail tidy.

my comments; looks and sounds as i've already said, runs absolutely fine, the revs rise and fall a tad quicker, great when blipping the throttle and on the over-run you get a little bit of popping which adds to the excitement!
    in my mind the total cost inc fitting (£487) is well worth it cos there's nothing better than the awesome sound it gives (music to my ears) when i'm on the bike for as many miles i cover a year. the standard can is so boring by comparison, you just cant hear it over the airbox whereas now i can hear both.
    just so you can picture how loud it is without the tip in the end, when ur riding u cant hear the airbox!! but that too loud and attracts the unwanted attention of the rozzers and annoys the neighbors, so the tip stays in!

good luck with ur decisions, i look 4ward to seeing ur choices and subsequent pics etc.

Dave

2. Very nice.

Does it not need a heat shield?

3. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

looks and sounds amazing. I've always been a fan of under seat exhausts probably one of the best factors the 675 has. The two brothers can looks tidy, and always like the logo's on either side of the can. What's keeping the number plate in place? :)

4. Rowly

Rowly

Hey up Dave, great vid and pics and sounds fooo......king awesome I'm please
    you don't live next door to me :lol: A tad bit to expensive for me though Ive just
    gone for a TOR can cheap and cheerful but hey I'm pleased with it.
    I think yours is a good contender against the new Arrow but see what the rest of
    the lads and lasses think. :D

5. i'll let you know on wednesday :D

6. The Fridge

The Fridge

hey guys,
    to OnlyOneWayHome : doesnt need a heat-shield cos its Carbon Fibre and doesnt get hot enuf.
    you can touch it while its running and not burn ur fingers. :geek:

to craig : the no. plate is held in place by 'Magic' ;)
    just kidding :lol:
    the bracket runs thru the can strap. its only temporary tho til 2Bro's send the correct UK Spec tail tidy.
    u'll hav prob noticed aswel theres no no. plate light until the above arrives.
    indicators too will prob go bac to original place. :)

to Rowly : glad u like cos i'm moving '2' doors away from u ! :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:
    your can is nice tho, i was originally going to put 1 of them on, but then thought what the heck, just go 4 it, so the toss up was between the 2Bro's and the Arrow.
    what decided it 4 me was the vid on youtube of the fly-by and reving of a 675. :D

to Nige : why what's happening Wednesday? :?

7. SteveH

SteveH

Hi mate,

Have to agree that does sound nice. Mind you I bet it sounds completely different under load. Just a quicky, any particular reason you went for the M5 over the M2?? Only difference I seem to be able to find on them is size, although I'm sure it's a bit more complicated than that.

I'm off youtubing for a vid of one with the baffle out now to compare the differences. If I find one I'll post it up :) But for now, gotta say thats lovely mate well done!

Cheers

Steve

8. SteveH

SteveH

Ok,

Found some baffle out vid's (just for comparison)

This one is a fly by but there's some static rev at the end

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_tD20AAWYg[/youtube]

This one is static. You don't see the can until the very end but I can't see a baffle so it's a maybe

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZB5DNIGZq0[/youtube]

This ones interesting! I quite like this idea, although I guess it does look a bit Ducati!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EfQULl2KIs[/youtube]

It does seem from looking that most owners do keep the baffle in though, which leads me to thinking that in real wolrd terms without is pretty loud. I guess your not going to get a handle on it until you actually hear it in the flesh. Video's are cool though, right? lol :D

Mind you though after watching all those vid's I don't think I'm any closer to choosing a pipe. Trouble is I always like to be a little left of centre with something a bit different (but not so different it's weird lol). Keep em peeled I'm sure I'll work something out!

Cheers

Steve

9. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi SteveH, to b honest haven't noticed any difference in sound between riding it and it stood static.
    went for the M5 cos it is little deeper and louder than the M2.
    that vid of the fly-by and reving is what swayed me to buy it, the reason most keep baffle in is cos its just FAR TOO LOUD with it out. no kidding! i rode to York with it out and even with my earplugs in it would hav given me headache after a while. i assure you its plenty loud enuf with baffle in. :eek:

glad u like scarlet :D

c u all later, i'm off to N.Ireland 2moro lunch time on a tour and to c the N.W.200, be bac next Mon.
    Happy 675ing to all.
    Ride like the wind but safe!
    Dave

10. SteveH

SteveH

Hi Dave,

It's probably because the sounds behind you it doesn't sound any different under load, there are a lot of contributing factors though like how hot the can is, how long it's been on there etc etc either way it sounded great though. Jury is still out for me on loud though, I came to the trumpet from a 916 with a full Termi 52mm system on and never rode that with ear plugs, sounded beautiful, V loud but beautiful. Reckon I'd have to try it without just to test ;) Mind you getting it re-mapped just for a test could be an expensive game. Think I'll have to either get friendly with a local trumpet dealer to re-map for free or buy the kit myself and have a very steep learning curve hahaha.

Cheers

Steve

11. hi`the pipe looks and sounds great. :D can i ask where you got it from and did you fit it yourself please ;) ;) ;)

12. Oh no what have you done Dave! crap, rubbish, sounds awful, looks bad,.................bastard ;)

see you on the track (road) you nutter :D

13. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi all, bac briefly b4 wizzin off to the isle of man on fri 7a.m.
    so u like it then chickenstrip? we'll hav to ride agen so u can see it up close and b Mr. :mrgreen: :lol:
    hope ur well and hav come to terms with the outcome of P.C. Plod :(

tractorboy; got it from Jordan Bikes, Gildersome, near the Showcase cinema.
    no got them to fit it, by the time it came didn't hav time to fit myself b4 i went away. cost me £67 to fit :eek:

Dave

14. hi fridge, wednesday was first service day...having alarm fitted and arrow can...

15. AcB46

AcB46

Thats a nice can fridge,how did you like the NW200 i was a little disappointed with the race but had a good time all the same.

16. nice one fridge...your now the second 675 to have one fitted....mine been the first :D
    great isn't it. ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o116_mechanicyuk_2bros.jpg_a2aa99826c659ca10aae27a4b73e904a.jpg

17. The Fridge

The Fridge

hi nige, 1st service eh, mine's now got 4700 miles on it, had it 11 wks.
    hope u like ur can. :)

hi Acb46, dissapointed 2 with the NW200 all those stopages, sad tho the young guy died :( what a job those travelling medics hav flying round in hot pursuit of the racers! did u c the 1 on the yellow blade?
    still had gud time, even tho pissed it down every day bar Sunday.

Hi the Mechanic, just us 2 so far. yeh think its brilliant, with the powertip out on the I.O.M. people thort it sounded like a GP race bike; Awesome :D

18. Hey Fridge, any luck with the tail tidy yet? do you have to pay extra for a uk tail tidy?

I see the mechanic has it sorted, wonder where he got his from. When i've got the spare cash a new can is top of the list...

Jardine or 2 bros....love then both but the 2 bros is a fair bit cheaper, and if they can sort out the tail tidy,jobs a goodun.

19. Hi Dave,

Just thought I would share with everyone my experience of ridin behind your tail pipe last wkend. It was LOUD! :twisted: what a fantastic sound. I found myself hovering just off your back wheel on purpose just so I got drowned in it :D
    Think your right to leave the baffles in though.....cant give Mr plod too much notice :lol:

p.s. got my R&G fork protectors and GB crash bobbins ordered.. does that mean can go even faster now ? ;)