675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The Raven Sunday 8 March

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Edski675, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Edski675

Edski675

Administrator Staff Member

I'll be up there with some of the SV650.org mob and a few T675 peeps, around 11.30 if anyone's interested. That's at the A41/A49 roundabout, Whitchurch, Shropshire :D Idea is meet, banter, bite to eat, ride over to Ruabon (or even up the Ponderosa if there's time and the weather's OK - forecast is pretty shit though :x) then home.

2. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

3. jimjam39

jimjam39

May meet you up the pondersa if the weather is fine (and if i get up early enough, im on nights tonight :( ). And i will be on the 09 Red :D Oh yes im one happy bunny ! Picked it up today !

4. Edski675

Edski675

Jap_Sti - yes that's the right town. he Raven is not in the town centre. You follow the A41 south and it's on the roundabout where the A41 and the A49 separate, about a mile or so south of the town itself. If you're coming from the north (most likely down the A49) then follow the by pass in the direction of Shrewsbury - DON'T go into the town centre, there are quite a few roundabouts, you'd go past a Little Chef, and after about 4 miles the road becomes a dual carriageway. This is the A41/A49. AT the next roundabout the roads spplit. You will see a lorry park on the right hand side, The Raven is just behind the lorry park - take the third exit on the roundabout to get into it.

If you come - if dry I'll be wearing a red fleece over black and red Spyke leathers, if wet maybe my ghey black and pink waterproofs!!! I have blue metal framed specs and a grade 0/1 haircut. I look a bit like Alastair Darling but with next to no hair :) And my bike's the graphite Masterbike. There will also be a SY bike - that's Ian's, and another 675 but I don't know what colour. It's Keith's. We'll be there around 11.45 - 12 ish I think.

5. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Nice One Ed will see what the weather is like and head down if fine Warrington is a good hour form Wardle so adds 3 hours to the trip but not worried about that. I'll be in the Leathers if fine and Hein Geriks if not.

Got you PM so cheer sfor the mobi number. Hope all goes well tomorrow and see you then. ;)

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Just got directions 70 mile and 1hour 45 ;)

7. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

how was the meet?

8. Edski675

Edski675

Great to meet you Jap_Sti!! We had a terrific day, the weather was a bit shite - rain, wind, and then snow up The Ponderosa - but if we waited for dry sunny days we'd never go anywhere. J_S certainly knows how to ride!!! I got fed up of being overtaken and seeing his bike disappearing over the horizon :lol:

We met up at The Raven. One of my mates, Ian, led the way out of Shrewsbuty and went the scenic route via Wem, so we were a bit late :oops: Met up (were some SV650 peeps there too) and had a bacon & egg buttie. The we went for a ride - up to Ellesmere, on to Ruabon, Llangollen and The Ponderosa. Ray left us on the way back at Ruabon, picked up the A483 for Chester & the A55/M53/M56. We came back much the same way, via Ellesmere. My bike is covered in shit - and needs a clean, but I don't care. I'm too tired to do it now, so it'll have to wait.

Hope you got back OK Ray!

I have a few pics - will sort and post em soon.

Great day :D

Ed

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well Ed flew back and was in the house at 4.30, had a shower to defrost the toes and up loaded pics.

Thanks for a warm welcome gents I really appreciated it.

Here's the few shots I took Hope you like and I look forward to seeing your pictures too Ed.

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675003_10.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675004_7.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675006_5.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675007_4.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675008_3.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675009_3.jpg

Pondarosa...................... Ponder Bl**y Where :? :?: :lol:

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675012_1.jpg

ai390.photobucket.com_albums_oo341_Jap_Sti_3_2008_Triumph675013_1.jpg

Then it was time to mozy on home, Thank's again for a great ride out and introducing me to some real nice folks, The roads were GREAT too Loved those sweeping bends :twisted: Ed, can you sort the weather next time Sun, Wind, Rain & Snow it taking the Michael some what but did not spoil the day.

Alll the best till next time Chap's ;)

10. jimjam39

jimjam39

Looks like you guys had a good day. I was going to join you but there was no way i was going out on 2 day old supercorsa Sp tyres when it was intermittently snowing. Ive decided to change them in the next week or so and put them on flea bay, will put something more suitable for wet weather on, maybe 2ct's or bt016's. Anyway, good pics.

11. Edski675

Edski675

I only have a few, at The Ponderosa.

This one, just arrived - Ray shot past me along the Horseshoe Pass. Chasing Ian, whi was trying to get past a Scenic Renault. Only they're no so scenic if stuck behind:

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_IMG_1920.jpg

Now I'm not usually an arse man but these three do it for me. Note Ian's (SY) Micron can, and two TORs:

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_IMG_1922.jpg

Keith leaving:

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_IMG_1921.jpg

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi all, just about recovered from frozen fingeritus from the sunday rideout , nice to meet you Ray ,good to see you got home in one piece,
    hope you did'nt break the speed limit on the way home :lol: .
    I did'nt get home until six o clock ,met up with a couple lads from Baschurch on fireblades went over the border again back into Wales around Lake Vyrnwy, guess who's in badbooks ;) .
    Took me an hour to clean the shit off the bike .
    Take care everbody and ridewell .Ian ,xcbrrider

13. Edski675

Edski675

Just a quick round the block then Ian... :lol: