675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The ST has gone.....................

Discussion in 'General' started by Jap_Sti_3, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well folks after just 7 short weeks, 1 spent on holiday, and 4000 miles I have traded the old Armchair in :?

The vibration in the right grip was a killer, especially with the miles I do. The constant vibration in the mirrors drove me insane and so it had to go.

I know what your all wondering........................ what has he bought now :erm:

Well I have plumbed for a Yamaha FJR 1300 :cool: :scarper: :cool: Sorry............................

Bring on the abuse......................... but when you do 1000 miles a week, comfort and quietness really do start to play a major part. I am however on the search for a 675 as a few of you will be aware of so when one comes up closer to Rochdale at the right price then in the words of the Governor of California "I'll Be Back" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Till then I will remain your sleeping non Triumph owning Moderator................. as long as you all do not mind :?:

Regards

Jap ..................... Literally

2. jim r has got one, he may deliver it

3. Bah non triumphy moderators sack em I say, not like they do eff all anyway.

And some use couldnt even get my bar end weights off lol

:scarper: to avoid the :flame: :flame:

only joking Ray

4. andysjt

andysjt

was the st really that bad ???

5. If you've owned every bike ever made does that mean you can be a member of every forum?

I know your game Ray!! :lol:

take a spark plug out and re live the tripple memories :D

6. Its a bloody forum - not an owners club :D

Sorry the ST didn't work out. Expensive mistake. :(

I would have got a 2nd hand Blackbird myself.

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Folks, The ST was not that bad Andy but like I say with the amount of miles I do I could not live with it.

As for owning every bike Chicken LOL I've not been home on the same bike twice since I strted here. On R6 at the moment thats after riding 3 different versions of the Moto Guzzi 750 V7 Classic, Nevada and Cafe Racer over the week end. 200 miles on each :cool:

As for an expencive mistake Admiral, ;) I sell bikes for a living, I've lost nothing and made massive savings on the new one so I'm more than happy, a is my Best Mate who as also swapped his ST for the FJR. I tried the Blackbird we have here and it's a great bit of kit but just fancied the FJR more.

Well looking forward to next Tuesday/Wednesday and picking them up together. :D :cool: :lol:

Ho by the way Godzilla........... neither could you :? I did'nt want to damage your bike in any way. Good luck with the Bar ends.

8. Stu

Stu

Is the vibration a trait? I still fancy one next year although I'm considering a Viffer too. I'd like to stop with the tripple though. I'll like one 'as well' as the 675 but three bikes plus Jean's would be taking the p1ss a little. and where would I store it as the garage isn't that big. I'd rather commute through the rush hour traffic on a 675 over a 1050 any day of the week :D

9. I know that Jap sti, and i only said it coz i knew you could take a joke :).

Will call n for a chat sometime soon, cheers :)

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Best make the call in soon Godzilla as I finish at Robinsons on Friday :? :| :evil:

11. how come your finishing so soon?

12. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I have a Beutifull Little Daughter at home in a wheelchair who needs her daddy at home more than he has been for the last few weeks.

It's been a very tough decission to make but Family must come first even if it is my "Dream Job".