675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

The unofficial 1050 Daytona.

Discussion in 'General' started by Rowly, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Rowly

Rowly

2. henrymc

henrymc

I saw that bike today in the MCN,
    sorry cant agree with you Rowly,
    dont mean to offend but it looks just like a speed trip with 675 fairings,
    even has speed trip alike cans on it,
    for £20,000 i would want something more special,
    if they had put a 1050cc lump in a 675 frame, added ohlins front and rear, brembo brakes, carbon wheels, full race pipe system, stuck on a power comander 5, no carbon,(costs to much for what you get like some dolly bird covered in slap)you would have a tool,
    only thing is the 1050 lump is under powered compared with the Jap engines of a simlar size these days, :twisted: :salute: :wave:

3. Rowly

Rowly

I agree the price is OTT and its under powered, the question is will it convince
    Triumph to make one? maybe maybe not, but with the Japs having a poor show
    at the moment with the credit crunch and all that, Triumph seen to be weathering
    the storm with most of their current models they could nick a few sales with a
    Daytona 1050 if they get it as good as the 675.

4. henrymc

henrymc

Dont think Triumph will release a 1000cc Daytona untill they are replaceing the ST and speed trip lump,
    have heard that they are testing a new engine for the speed trip :erm:
    its logical that they will bring out a bigger sports bike than the 675,
    The picture of the 1050 Daytona that Performance bike mag printed over a year ago and said that in THEIR opinion, was what Triumph should build!
    was real class,

5. andysjt

andysjt

its a daytona 675se front & a 1050 backend ??? bit of a bastardization

but i think it looks good the back wheel especialy ( batman or spiderman style ? )

but it start to fall apart when you look at the price tag £ 20 k hummmm.............

6. D41

D41

I thought they modded the engine on that to give it some more power???

I like it alot!!

7. redseven

redseven

As said above, it looks like an overpriced speed triple with a 675 fairing.Looks ok though. I think the exhaust being underneath would look better on a sports bike. Does any one know what the current engine capacity in WSB for a triple is?

8. Rowly

Rowly

There were rumors of it been 1098cc giving around 175bhp in a 675 chassis? unless anyone knows otherwise.

9. looks a bit big on the back end for my liking....like it has eaten too many cakes....

10. T9Steve

T9Steve

I would suggest that the Germans have not tuned that 1050 engine at all, you could get the extra 8bhp just by changing the exhaust system and playing with the mapping. Just as an example of what you can do to a 955i engine back in 2007 there was guy racing at my sons club on a 2002 doubled sided swinging arm model who had some limited work done on the engine which raised the bhp up to 147 at the back wheel. Measured at the crank you would have seen figures around 160bhp to achieve the rear wheel figures. I also seem to remember reading about a French team running 955i back in 2004 who were claiming 178bhp, so it just goes to show the old engines could take that sort of power and stay together.

11. graycat

graycat

sorry to say this guys but that thing not only looks ugly but fat too.

Really don't like the exhausts, the fairings look like they're about fit to burst, the front looks too small, the tail is just plain fugly and I don't like the frame ...... but other than that it's great!

12. D41

D41

Appears you are correct, Steve - I just read the MCN article again...."Six Monkeys have modified the bike's fuel-injection software and the airbox"...Oh, and they threw on a BOS exhaust system.