675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

THEFT.HOW LOW CAN YOU GET?

Discussion in 'General' started by RICH675, Jul 30, 2009.

1. RICH675

RICH675

I have now run out of reasonable options. :( I sold my unwanted tail tidy to a forum member [well I say sold.] He in turn promised to send a cheque for payment the next morning. Because of time constraints I [foolishly] posted said tail tidy a few days later, whilst waiting for the cheque to turn up [given all the promises that it was in the post etc,etc]. After numerous phone calls, texts and messages via 675cc. NO CHEQUE. Despite sending more messages and also having several telephone conversations with the forum member, I have not had any payment.
    I feel disgusted that one of our own has done this to fellow member on this site. If he did not want the item he could have returned it or just said no. As it stands at the minute he has stolen it from me. OBTAINED GOODS BY DECEPTION. So come on 'MATE' PAY UP !!

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Such a shame this has happened, I would like to think there's two sides to the story and the other member has made an honest mistake to the situation and rectifies it quickly. RICH675 I'm curious to the member in question, if you have no luck with the member in question I'm assuming you have the address details and contact details but if I can be of assistance here please let me know, also if there is no resolution to the situation from 675.cc's point of view I would like to ban the member - as like you, I have no respect for people that don't live up to their promises in a situation like this.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome! You have our full support!

3. Leaves a sickening taste in your mouth doesn't it!

4. RICH675

RICH675

Craig. Thanks for your support. Maybe the member in question is out enjoying his 675 so much he has not had time to post a cheque ;) . . . . NOT :eek: . . . . He has, according to texts,emails and phone calls, sent A cheque on 3 seperate occasions. ALAS, poor old Royal Mail fails yet again, :shock: [but does have 3 cheques to cash in to boost its annual profits] :lol:
    How foolish of me for thinking otherwise. :roll:
    As you say there could be a genuine reason for the delay. . . BUT FROM EARLY JUNE----- COME ON, GET REAL.

5. lets hope he reads this and gets a touch of the guilties....come on dude.....pay the man

6. And if he doesn't....name and shame!

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

8. andysjt

andysjt

this ant on , i have had many purchases via ebay ect & 99 % of people pay no problem all be it some slower than others .

but i cant understand this, i woulnt think we are talking a fortune here are we ?

so who ever you are ,pay up or return goods., simple as that

if he fails to do this then publish his name & ban him

9. andysjt

andysjt

its edski ant it ?

i alway thought he looked a bit shiffty ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

...................joking ed.....................

10. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

honest gov, it wasn't, i didn't do it :!:

11. Rich - I bought a Carbon Exhaust End Cap from you and paid for it so I don`t want folk thinking it was me. Please confirm you got my cheque and cleared it. You don`t deserve this crap and hopefully it is a royal mail issue rather than theft. :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

12. RICH675

RICH675

I got and banked your cheque within a wink of the eye. People don't hesitate to sell to 675SE. He is the dogs nuts.
    UNLIKE A N OTHER..
    Maybe I am unfair with this guy, but after calling him numerous times and also texting I have lost faith and can only consider him a thief. :x
    Craig I will send you a PM ref this person so you can take reasonable or unreasonable steps as you deem neccesary.

13. Name and shame to prevent the same thing happening to someone else i say.

If he then pays post that up as well.

14. D41

D41

This frickin' sucks! LAME, LAME, LAME!! It take away from the whole point of this forum when someone acts in this manner.

I suggest that you post up his email/phone number so that we can all email/text him (not call, obviously) and waste his time the way he has wasted your good & well-spirited intentions, Rich.

I think that this guy should be banned even if he does pay up now - after 2 months there can be no excuse.
    This thread leaves a bad taste in my mouth.....p*ssed!!

15. Well then, i should i guess weigh in and say that i am said member in question.

Yes there are 2 sides to every story, however i do have to admit that is is unacceptable that Rich has been waiting this long for the tail tidy.

The long and the short is that i wanted to pay by bank transfer or paypal and was willing to do so in advance. Rich wanted paying by cheque, however rich's memory seems different to mine in this one - in that he only gave me the details of where to send the cheque through after i had actually got the tidy. I am confident that is accurate, as i remember a long call the day i got the tidy where we chatted about the payment method, as well as Ducati's, 675's and other such things.

Anyway, I initially forgot to get a cheque out as i dont have a chequebook on my personal account (first direct internet one), and had to get my other half to do so (and forgot. so my bad).

In the interim i also had my mobile stolen so lost all numbers and contact details, and moved onto a new number, and this has only aggravated things considerably - and as people can see (mods at least) i am not on here every day. also it would seem i dont get email notifications of PM's so having logged in to see 4 unread from Rich this is all news to me.

Now, I DID send a cheque out from the missus' account on Fri July 17th after Rich mailed me to ask for payment. As far as i was concerned this was well gone and dusted 2 weeks ago. Now this has NOT been cashed from her account so i will have to say lost on that one.

And i HAVE sent out a cheque today from my new business account, sent it special delivery within 30 mins of RIch's call, so it WILL arrive on tuesday, i have texted Rich details of this tracking info which reads Item ZW25799****GB has been accepted at 17/19 Crown Walk MK9 3AH on 01/08/09 .

It was never my intention to steal or decive, i am sure Rich will have his opinion of this and i am very sorry about that, there is nothing i can do other than to apologise for his delay and hassle.

I think this is a misunderstanding by circumstance. If you want me banned, fine, i am not going to beg and plead for my membership, however i would suggest that this has only been brought to my attention today by Rich, and i instantly posted another cheque out.

What more can i say - other than i have named and shamed myself. :)

16. D41

D41

Well, it seems that there is a reasonable excuse....sounds fair enough by my reckoning. And you've posted right up admitting it was yourself and seeming to make reasonable amends.

.....Hope I didn't go too far in castigating you down into the "Dungeon of Dishonesty"!!

17. two sides to every story there certainly is, as long as both you and rich are happy with the outcome then i reckon that should be the end of the matter and good on you for fessing up to it...my apologies for reaching a conclusion without hearing your side first...i'll go stand in the naughty corner

18. D41

D41

.......with me!

19. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Naming and shaming is not the ultimate game, I'm a believer in that there are two sides to a story and you've proved that's the case. The main thing is seeing a resolution to the situation and it's obvious that this situation has only derived by lack of communication between both parties.

As long as there's a solution to the topic, this thread will be locked for the time being, and will eventually be removed to put the situation to sleep. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.