675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Thinking of going back to a Gixer

Discussion in 'General' started by OnlyOneWayHome, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Agree with the above wholeheartedly, I was given some advice early on that if I was off the centre line of the bike with my body, my core muscles should be supporting my weight, so the hands become non-weight bearing.
    If you have weight on the bars any body movement results in unintended steering input - possibly causing front end problems.

Tends to work more if you are trying hard on the twisties though. DG

2. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

I took a GSXR750 out on a test ride yesterday. felt faster and I felt a lot happier in the corners. that said, no soul and the engine just didnt feel right!!!

3. Carpel21

Carpel21

I think you should try flipping your bars and maybe consider getting the low cut seat. Would transform the riding position and be a lot cheaper than a new bike. I've just ordered a low seat so can give you some feedback on how it feels. I'm 5'4" so the bike is quite tall for me and if it makes a big difference I can let you know.

4. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Well, after a full and long test ride, I have bought the Gixer and the 675 goes today. Part of me is quite sad but the other part is very excited.

5. andysjt

andysjt

well best of luck one way ,ride safe ,at hte end of the day you got to do what suits you best

i ride my mate Lee's gixer from time to time & it is defo more comfortable than 675

6. Post some pics of your new machine then

7. Deegee

Deegee Moderator Staff Member

Had a gixer6k2 as a track bike for a few years, loved it. :D

Hope it goes well for you, perhaps in a year or two we'll be seeing you back here with a another Trumpy? ;)

Good luck and enjoy it mate! If it's got 2 wheels it has to be good.

8. ++1 Although I think I am closer to the perfect build at 5-6 10.5stone :lol:

Joking aside, I had the older Daytona 600 which I part ex for the 675 and purchased it 160 miles away... Initially thought foook what a plonka. Riding all thw way home at 50-60mph trying not to sit at one speed.

Got home hours later wrists killing me.

A week later and first service done.. No wrist ache and definitely prefer the riding position now Im used to it. Cant wait to do another Algarve run. This time on the 675. The D6 was great too. Also I prefer the 675 for daily central london commuting. Slim, responsive and torquey...Looking exotic and effing sexy a bonus too. Parking it I have had an R1 rider and a Gxr750 rider admit admiring it the other day when they were parking up next to it.

Horses for courses. everyones different. You know it deep down what you prefer.

;)

9. ermmm.. just noticed your post.. haha ok ignore my shpeel above :lol:

10. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

No worrys. Had the 675 for a year and a half did 4k miles 1200 of them in 5 days round Normandy!

Had the Gixer a couple of hours and already feel more confident with it.

11. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

Here she is....

Attached Files:

12. Very nice :) Is a slip on going to be 1 of ur 1st purchases?

13. OnlyOneWayHome

OnlyOneWayHome

The tail tidy is on order, then the slip on (that has to be the biggest exhaust in the world ever).

There are just so many out there, tyring to decide what's best, will be interesting.