675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Thinking of selling up

Discussion in 'General' started by Admiral Nelson, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

I have only had my 675 for a short time but think its the dogs ollies - on the track. On the road it is very focused and not very comfortable, as BigBoulton and I found out on the trip to Weymouth for breakfast. I always feel that I want to be really on it because of the riding position and competing to be the quickest etc.

Anyway, I am considering swapping it for Speed Triple. I have advertised a couple of bits for sale in the classifieds.

Kev

2. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

That'll make the 15th bike in 8 years :lol:

3. andysjt

andysjt

the riding position on the triple is more comfortable yes, but the wind blast is a nightmare even with a lip screen on its still too much at motorway speeds, forget long trips at high speed cos you will need to slow down to give your neck a rest , I know this as I had one for 3 years prior to the 675

personally I find long trips no problem on the 675 although its true to say it’s not the most comfortable bike, i can live with it for a full days riding without too many problems but being 5 ' 11 " helps

4. spike

spike

i think you will regret it in the long run nelly :(
    have you not thought of buying a second cheaper bike for long distance/commutting?
    just my pennies worth

5. D41

D41

WHAAAAAAAT!!

6. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Maybe I need to have a think about this a little longer.

7. yep, reckon you should kev

8. My mate runs a Ducati 996 and a Yamaha Thundercat for this very reason. His insurance for both is only around £300.

9. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

I'm looking at the mo at a Daytona 955 2002 in Yellow. Very nice. A bit more Sports Bus lol...

10. i had a 2001 in strontium blue, damn nice bike but couldnt ride it for more than half an hour before fingers went numb, went like fuck mind you...my wife wants me to get another one but they stopped making them in 2006 and i dont want to trade down...not as much fun as the 675 though kev

11. Seconded although I had my Speed 3 for 12 months, and im 6' tall

12. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

Well, I'm still here. I have decided to stay on the 675 as there is no 'Jack of all Trades' out there. I have sold my ASV levers to Andy, I been lucky enough to by a nearly new TOR exhaust. Maybe the trip to Cadwell 22nd Sep will be enough to convince me to stay. To be honest, the 675 is bloody brilliant on the track; its just too quick on the roads with this jockey on board!

13. Edski675

Throttle goes two ways y'know ;) but it is oh so tempting I agree ;)

14. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

15. Edski675

Have a great holiday!

16. That's why I've still got the Fazer thou & after having put 850 miles in 3 days on the D675, including a track day at Mallory Park, even with Helibars fitted, my arms are killing me today! The Fazer's like riding an armchair in comparision. But as you say, on the track or blizting the local twisty, the D675 is the daddy!

17. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

If anybody knows of an S4 for sale, I am looking for a 2nd bike. In fact anything really street bike.

18. Isnt an S4 a posh Audi?

19. Admiral Nelson

Admiral Nelson

I can't afford an Audi so one of these will have to do

awww.ick.bz_images_personal_photos_triumph_speed4_05.jpg

20. D41

D41

I'm kinda in two minds about recommending an S4, Kev - the wife's S4 is a very good bike IMO, but throttle response is very choppy at low speeds/revs, and of course the power is down noticeably....try one & make your own judgment, but a used S3 might be worth considering also....the seat is bloody terrible, though!!