675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

time to sell up!

Discussion in 'General' started by 675 hooligan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

,well,as much as i love my 675 i think it may be time to sell up n go 4 a 1050 speed triple instead,ive always found my 675 on the right road to be amazing and untouchable but the roads we use for a blast the 675 is just so twitchy and uncomfortable,i woke up with a sore back this morning due to a dodgy matress but the bike killed me all day then i hut a bad bump and it actually winded me i had 2 stop cuz i couldnt breathe,i dont know if any1 else suffers from this problem with there bike but im only 22 and im finding it 2harsh on 60% of the roads we use,i will be so sad 2 see it go as it is a animal and such a dark horse when your playing with the big boys but mite be time 2get real and try n keep my license for a bitty longer haha, whats your thoughts guys? cheerz

2. i know what you mean mate, mines very harsh over bumps and potholes but im going to try playing with the suspension setup before i think about another bike...you have a word with jap as he had a 1050 for a little while...also id recommend a new mattress. At the end of the day you have to be comfy on your ride so i wish you luck whatever you decide

3. D41

D41

You need the suspension set up to deal with those '60% of roads'...all sportbikes are a little 'rough' on public roads...not to be rude, hooligan, but how much do you weigh & how is your technique/experience? What is your level of fitness? - A sportbike does require you to be somewhat in shape....not suggesting for a moment that you're not, just curious as to how to help you, mate.

Buy a new mattress - You spend a 1/3 of your life on it, so why not?

4. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

a new matress will be getting bought! lol im about 5" 10, 10 and a half stone as for fitness i dont do gyms but i look athletic haha im a hard working mechanic so my job keeps me in shape quite a bit and i got my license last summer but ive had bikes all my life so i know what im doing on a bike,hope this helps. cheerz

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I'd deffo sort the mattress first. You might have to calm down a bit in bed too :lol:

Give the bike a chance - have a fiddle with the suspension settings before you chop it in.

6. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

shes got 9weeks till she pops so theres no hanky panky at the mo hahaha and to be honest im a car mechanic havent got a clue where to start with fiddling with my suspension n dont want to mess it up then have to pay an arm and a leg for sum1 to fix it lol

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

can always restore it to the factory settings- they're in the manual.

8. henrymc

henrymc

there are two items in the maintanance section ,first thread is ( origional suspension settings )by keith 1012,
    second thread is (help it hates bumps) by tractor boy ,
    only way i could figger out how to link the threads with this one,
    sure there is a easy way, :erm:
    but when you swing a hammer for a living, :hole:
    then computers can be a challange, :roll:

9. here is a link to the basic stuff you can do yourself, well with a mate. For your weight you might want to think about getting an aftermarket shock.

http://www.feelthetrack.com/tuning_guide.htm

Sorry if link is a repost.

10. D41

D41

Okay! - so you are just about perfect weight-wise (most bikes are set-up with a 150-160 lb. rider in mind). As I said a suspension tuning is probably what you should consider next. Other than that, all bikes are a mix of compromises, with your 675 obviously being on the 'sportier' end of the scale. An S3 will ride better, if for no other reason than it is heavier - but it will not handle as crisply, that's the trade-off - you decide what matters most.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am roughly the same build so I will probably suffer the same when riding, As for your back ache is it mainly at the base of your back, If your a mechanic I would imagine you spend the majority of your time under cars etc, laying flat, If the pain is mainly lower back pain as in muscle strain, google search back extension exercises and give them a go :).

12. I moved for an S3 to a 675. Make sure you give one a real good test ride on the roads type of raods you ride on. IMHO you will regret going to an S3. As for keeping your licence - the Police dont take to kindly to you travelling on one wheel only all the time lol.

13. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

thanks for the input guys,but correct me if im wrong if i loosen the suspension to cope with the bumpy uneven roads it will feel loose when im pushing hard on a gd road?? i love the bike 2bits so if i can get the suspension sorted to what i want it to be i will keep her,any1 got aftermarket shocks,steering dampers fitted?? p.s i just got a supercorsa pro bsb back tyre fitted 2day,i feel like a 8yr old on christmas eve hehe :mrgreen:

14. D41

D41

Take the bike to a suspension shop...it shouldn't cost too much & those guys know what they're doing - they may even ride the same roads as you - they will find the best compromise for your needs.

15. No offence but for the 675 this is not true.Since 2005 people have noticed the harshness of the rear spring.
    Some people who are about the same weight as the OP have not been able to set the rear sag setting even close to what it should be, others have been almost bucked out the seat by uneven road surfaces.

To the OP check your rear sag, its easy, only need a friend and a measuring tool (ruler/tape measure), see the PDFs a couple of posts ago, if you cannot get your rear sag to within the limits you need a suspension shop.

Were are you in the UK? might be able to recommend someone.

These have also helped a lot of people (who could get the rear sag right but were still not happy).

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30701

16. Not if it is set up correctly by measurement. You might need to redial if you are going to hammer it REALLY hard on the track.

17. 675 hooligan

675 hooligan

im up in aberdeen m8 and ill never track my road bike i just want a good road race set-up

18. D41

D41

No offence taken, - but for the 675 this IS true! - If the suspension is lacking then it's simply a design issue (since resolved) & nothing more.

"Since 2005" - you sure about that?? - '05's were a 650, not a 675...???

19. I'm not missing my 675 (on the road) after riding this Bad Boy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a little space left in my garage for another D600 maybe :D

20. Lol, ok so I got the wrong year.....

I can assure you that is the only mistake in the post.