675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Too Similar!

Discussion in 'General' started by Craig, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Craig

Craig

Administrator Staff Member

I've seen this around other forums but still find it hard to believe the similarities that the following two bikes have! :)

Yamaha R1 (2009) - (Taken from the NEC 08 show):

[​IMG]

Daytona 675 SE (2008):

[​IMG]

2. Stu

Stu

Ooh. A spot the difference competion.

They've spelt 675 wrong on the fairing of the top picture. :D

3. Craig

Craig

lol; that's all the differences spotted! :(

4. Went to the NEC on Sat. Wow, how ugly is the new R1?! They've gone from making one of the best looking bikes to one of the worst in a couple of years!

5. Craig

Craig

It's grown on me a bit, the exhausts would have to be changed to something smaller but I like the headlights / air intake at the front. Still can't say I would want to fork out £9k+ for it :)

6. I suppose I went with an expectation of something very impressive. It will probably grow on me too.

On exhausts though.......

Why are all the OE exhausts so hideous at the moment?

7. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

I agree with that man there!! i thought it was just me that doesnt like the look of the new R1, I much the prefer this current model.

8. I had the 2006 model R1 before the D675 (see photo) and I have to say that I think that model was much better on the eye than the new 2009 model.
    When I spotted it on the stand at the NEC I thought I was on the Suzuki stand as Yamaha must be trying to compete with the Hayabusa for the ugly crown.

Midgeman.

Attached Files: