675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Top French Roads

Discussion in 'General' started by dbasser, Aug 8, 2009.

1. dbasser

dbasser

Anyone got any suggestions for great roads in France? I'm heading out on Tuesday for a 10 day road trip - camping with a couple of comfier stops.
    Chunneling it - aiming East side and South.
    Cheers!
    Oh, and how do you get a tent, panniers, roll-mat and sleeping bag to fit the rear?! I think i'm almost there, with a cargo net thing.

2. SteveH

SteveH

Can't remember the road name but there's a route from Cannes up through a place called grasse towards dinge-les-bains then seynes. This then takes you up into the alps for an evening stop in a town called Gap. You can then head down the other side to Grenoble on the N85. Great route, great roads. Some very technical twistys up hill down hill got the lot. Make sure your doing it in the daylight though. No lights and very little barriers with some big drops.

Last time I drove it some French idiot binned his van into the side of the mountain right infront of me. Got out to make sure he was ok to see him fall out the van with a bottle in his hand swearing his head off completely smashed out of his head on booze. So I assumed he was ok and left hi
    there figured he was just drunk and as he was walking he'd survive.

Cheers

Steve

3. dbasser

dbasser

Thanks for that Steve! I've penciled those in ;)
    I'll certainly look out for dodgy French white van man!
    All packed and ready to go - just hoping the exhaust doesn't melt anything!

Cheers,

Phil

4. mark mac

mark mac