675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

TOR can too quiet??

Discussion in 'General' started by J.T, Sep 22, 2009.

1. J.T

J.T

Hey guys,

I have the TOR can fitted and I've gotta say on tick over, its almost as quiet as the stock can and even on full whack its still a fairly quiet. It does have a lovely tone but I'd like to have a volume control

I heard the 09 arrow can and that sounded utterly utterly awesome but I can't justify spending half a thousand £ on that bad boy.

Now these bikes have an EXUP valve which triumph claim boosts low down power but I'm wondering if its just in there to get the bike through noise legislations.

The full Arrow system eliminates the EXUP valve anyway, so I was wondering if anyone had removed the valve or disconnected it and had noticed a difference in sound or performance.

:cool:

2. J.T , a friend rides a 750 Yam , he took the EXUP valve out and recon`s it`s quite a bit quicker . But the MPG has gone down , all in all he`s happy with it the way it is...
    stevie