675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Touch up pen

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by dbasser, Aug 24, 2009.

1. dbasser

dbasser

After a jolly 2k+ jaunt into France, Germany and erm Switzerland by mistake - i've returned to find the panniers have rubbed paintwork on the rear unit down to the white base :cry: Has anyone tried the touch up pens available from Triumph? Or should i just keep an eye out on Fleabay?
    BTW how good are the French at at moving over?! They almost drive into the fields, winding down windows egging you on...it'd be rude not to :twisted: Fwarp!
    The South German roads were fantastic! I dropped in after meeting a biker couple who passed on 'biker road maps' to me. Fella was on an MV Agusta F4 single seat - his partner was on a VFR fully loaded with All the luggage! :D

2. Sounds like he got it right.

3. Don't know about the touch up but when i was in France all the continental drivers pulled over to let me past. Upsettingly, it was the British cars that wouldnt move over. I think there needs to be some education, more than just "think bike"

4. andysjt

andysjt

french roads are ace , i could ride them all day & i have

re touch up pen i had the exact samr problem when i took of the luggage i used scratch cream the mark is still visable but only just

5. kingfixer

kingfixer

The roads in Spain & France are great, i had the ventura system fitted on mine, the metal frame rubbed two bare patches on the exhaust heat shield :roll: so bought a carbon one when i got back. i will just have to swap them over on future trips!!

6. I have the Ventura and have not took it off yet (the wife really likes the grab rail!) but I noticed that it had marked the heat shield too.