675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Touring

Discussion in 'General' started by tim_m295, Dec 15, 2009.

1. tim_m295

tim_m295

Hi,

Love the Daytona to bits but i am looking for something that i can go touring on. (will be keeping the Dayona :D ).

Have had a look at the Sprint but ideally want something with a lower cc as the insurance on the Daytona is over 1k. Anyone got any ideas?

Tim

2. henrymc

henrymc

675 is a good bike for touring on once you have bedded into it, if you are into getting something else for touring a early CBR600F or SV650, I can recommend both as a good cheap bike to do a bit of touring on,

3. Just use the daytona, take a break when it becomes uncomfortable. I've been riding it a year now and it no longer makes me ache....plus you'd be suprised how much you can load onto it....

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y209_angelgrinder187_DSCF1568.jpg

ai6.photobucket.com_albums_y209_angelgrinder187_DSCF1557.jpg

4. Stu

Stu

I've been around Ireland on mine. I hated the 22hr ride down to the south of France though and I won't be doing that again. Did Scotland in May and find the bike fine for touring.

5. D41

D41

Hate to say it dude, but how's about a D650??

6. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

How about a what?!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have done Sweden – UK via Germany, Belgium, Holland and France without any probs.
    It all depends if you are happy of living out of a bag or two for your trip

Pic of my bike loaded up in the gallery...

8. andysjt

andysjt

here's a pic of Henry ,Nige,Mick & Myself heading to the camp site a few months ago

i think the 675 looks good loaded up with kit ready for the off , i love it tent an all

Attached Files:

9. kingfixer

kingfixer

I tour on my daytona and i find it fine and im 6'1, i use the ventura back pack system and a tank bag.

10. VFR750 or 800 is a good tour / sports compromise. I wouldn't bother with a VTEC, but spend £1500 to £2200 on a good condition earlier one.

11. T9Steve

T9Steve

I did five days touring North Wales on the 675 with just a tail pack holding a change of clothing for each day plus jeans and shoes for the evenings in the pub etc and found it idea for the job. Mine you we were stopping in hotels each evening rather than camping!

Attached Files: