675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

touring

Discussion in 'General' started by kingfixer, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kingfixer

kingfixer

I am off to Spain on sunday for the first time ( can't wait ) :booze: to all the people who have toured before is there anything that is absolutely essential to take incase i have missed something. I won't list what im taking as it will be too long :roll: . We are not camping but going to do B & B's :D :D

2. Spread your kit out and remove 1/2 of it - you won't need it. You can go a long way with your bank card(s). The weather can change so you will need wet and very warm weather gear. Make sure you have RAC breakdown cover.

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Take our spare key & if you have an alarm your by pass relay. Insurance Docs with full adress of your insurer on, try giving someone foreign your insurance details without it writen down............. :?

Other than that, have a great time.

Jap (6 countries in one week :cool: )

4. andysjt

andysjt

hi ,
    here is my list i use it as a check list
    Things to take

Travel insurance
    Drivers licence
    Rac European cover
    Log book
    Driving insurance cert
    Passport
    Bank cards ( one needs to be visa if poss )
    Side stand support for soft ground
    Cash
    Hi vis vest
    Spare bulbs
    Very Basic tool bag
    Torch
    Padlock & chain
    Small padlock for luggage & to lock your helmet to your bike
    Spare visor ( clear for night riding )
    Visor cleaning spray & cloth
    Clothes & shoes ( in bin liners ) inc extra socks & warm cardy you can take some old stuff & bin it when its dirty so you have more space later on
    First aid kit with some basic medicines
    Half a bog roll ( squash flat )
    Phone charger
    Battery optimiser ( for bike )
    Camera ( with spare batteries memory card )
    Spare key & alarm fob
    Spare bungees / straps

Your name , address & basic contact no’s on a few pieces of card
    Spare glasses / suns glasses if needed
    Small fuel bottle just in case ( 1L camping bottle )
    Some sweets / gum / nuts
    Spare gloves at least 2 pair
    Sat nav & cables
    Basic maps just in case
    Phase book
    Euro adaptor

Things to do before you go
    Set up you light , not easy on a 675 as its a Cyclopes light , a bit of black electrical tape will do (take some spare too )
    Plan your route , but not too detailed as you are away to have some fun not stick to a time table ,take a copy with you along with some contact details of possible places to stay along your route, that way you can call them on the day
    Have a list of places you want to visit along your rout together with contact details
    Top your phone up if its pay & go
    Have your bike services, have new tyres if needed
    Check your insurance covers you abroad & how long ( you are supposed to tell them which country you are visiting & when )
    Display GB sticker
    You can change your exhaust & number pate for the proper ones if it gives you piece of mind , but i didn’t bother
    When with small plate & TOR can
    Put some reflective tape or dots / dashes on your bike you could have to ride at night , easy to take them of when you get back

5. kingfixer

kingfixer

I have virtually everything mentioned above :D :D just thought i'd check, thank you guys for your information on this much appreciated :clap: :clap:

6. I'm now panicing having seen that list!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Where do I get a by-pass relay for my alarm?

7. Your dealer should have given you this when you bought the bike. They take it off when they fit the alarm.

8. If it's a block that looks like the end of a scart cable then, it was in the pack and the dealer said it should have been sent back to datatool and took it out!

Bollocks

9. Thats the bit, black piece of plastic with a couple of looped wires on one side. The idea is if your alarm goes tits up whan abroad you can unplug it, fit this bit and its like a bike with no alarm on. Dealer who I bought the S3 told me to carry it in my pocket whenever i went on a longish ride, just in case. I had to ask the dealer for it when I bought the D675.

10. andysjt

andysjt

one way ,
    take it off before you go ? alarms are more trouble than there worth

11. I dont agree