675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Track days, rides and meets (Box Hill)

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Anonymous, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

Pleased to say that I'm now in UK after my dash from Sweden to the ferry in Denmark followed by an overnight crossing to blighty!

I have done a bit of trawling through the forums and I see that a few folks are doing track days in the coming months – any chance you could post links/dates as I would love to get onto a UK track while I'm here.

Box Hill – I took a ride there tonight to ride it but it seems that I rode up and down the dual carriageway as I don’t recall the zig zag road…

So, if anyone fancies meeting up, followed by a ride/cuppa and taking a gander at my Swede plated 675 – just holler

Cheers :D

2. bladebiker

bladebiker

Hi mate. How long have you had the 675? I only ask because the day after I bought mine the dealer said someone had rung him from Sweden to see if the bike was still for sale. Just wondered if it was you!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous

Hello there, mine is an 06 bike and the first in sweden as I bought it 4 months before the launch but it stayed in the garage for about 3 months due to the bad winter.
    I have called Fowlers in Bristol as I fancied the new white/blue one but when I saw one in the flesh I didnt - dont know why.

with the weak pound, a bike here is nearly £3k cheaper than sweden and with it being EU, no real probs importing one...

4. I felt the same when I saw the new white one. Although I know it was the frame colour that put me off. IMHO it horrible.

5. bladebiker

bladebiker

Yeah I think it's a bit of a 'fashion disaster', really ought to be impounded by the fashion police!

When you hear of the prices you guys are having to pay for bikes overseas it puts the cost of biking in perspectiver over here. Do you have the same speed camera problems etc we have?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous

Bike prices are mad in Sweden as a new 675SE will cost over 10 grand!
    Speed camera's face forward so being on a bike is a bonus...
    The roads are good though and being a country that's over 2 1/2 times the size of UK with 9m folks, the roads are empty :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous

Been to Box Hill a few times now and met some decent people there.

So, anyone here up for a ride / meet in the Surrey area during the few weeks I have left in the UK?

8. Graham H675

Graham H675

Hi overseas i'm going to box hill next sunday morning if ur about

9. Anonymous

Anonymous

Hello mate,

sorry to say that Im away every weekend visiting friends/family and tend to get back late afternoon.
    (I got there last night about 6pm and it was still busy)

Im up for a week day ride if you fancy one?

10. Graham H675

Graham H675

If i finish work early on thurs i may well pop up there

11. Anonymous

Anonymous

Ok, I will pm you my mob number as I will head over there for a bite to eat after work.
    I will be the one with the Swede plated 675 :)

12. Anonymous

Anonymous

right then,

anyone know of anything bike orientated this weekend as it's my last one in Reigate as the contract ends next week and its back 'home'for me

Or, if anyone wants to meet up!!