675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

trading in

Discussion in 'General' started by triple n, Mar 21, 2009.

1. triple n

triple n

hi guys, could i impose on your wealth of experience and worldly wiseness and ask for some advice....took the bike in to my local dealer today to get my management light sorted,( turns out its the exhaust valve sticking )..had to wait around for a bit and got bored so checked out a trade in on an 09...the salesman offered me four an a half grand on mine and i was wondering if this was a fair price or are they taking the p*ss a bit...mines an 07 with 6000 miles on it..your help is greatly appreciated

2. Stu

Stu

Sound about right to me. They'll want to make at lease £600 by reselling it so it will be in the show room at around £5100. If you've put any bits on it then put it back to standard if you chop it in then sell them cheap to me :D

3. triple n

triple n

youll be the first to know mate..thanks

4. jimjam39

jimjam39

Got £4700 for mine when i traded it in, an 07 with about 6500 miles on it , so its not too bad.

5. Rowly

Rowly

Selling your bike through the private adds may nett you a bit more dosh but
    then you may have to suffer the time wasters, the no shows, the advertising
    costs,and worse no one wants to buy your bike, so chopping in your pride and
    joy through the dealers may not seem such a bad thing as they get all the hassle
    and you get your new toy ;)

6. triple n

triple n

many thanks guys....looks like a trip back to the dealer for me :D

7. It sounds about right to me too. I bought my 07 from a dealer in Nov with only 1700 miles on the clock for just over £5k.

8. triple n

triple n

do any of you know how much the first service costs, i have to take these things in to account before i can decide whether to trade or not

9. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

The first one 500 mile was free with the bike but the next one is about £155 plus rubber if needed but each dealer is a little different ;)

10. jimjam39

jimjam39

Not sure if you have to pay for parts on the first service (500 mile one). By that I mean oil filter, washer thingymejig and oil. You can always try and get that thrown in on the deal (Damn, why didn't I think of that :? )

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I'm Tight..................... as a duck's :eek:

next time JimJam you will ask trust me :lol:

12. triple n

triple n

woohooo...even better, we like free stuff....now, i wonder if its worth waiting for a bit to see if triumph come up with any special deals.or different colours..thanks guys....

13. triple n

triple n

hi guys, thanks for the advice but i'm seriously considering part x ing the bike in for something else, cbr600, r6, something along those lines. having read most of the posts on here i see there are a lot of people who have had problems of one sort or another, some of them major ones, like a shagged centre main bearing after 2000 miles..i think it is too soon to know whether triumph have sorted these problems on the new 675 or not and im not sure i want a bike that that i cant really trust...your advice would be greatly appreciated once again as i would rather make an informed decision.

14. towser

towser

With any problem , I feel , its not necessarily the problem itself , although they can be hugely frustrating, but how it is handled by the dealer/ triumph or whatever. I'll let you know how they handle my main bearing issue! You will always find people with problems with anything online if you look for them. Whether Triumph are any worse than anyone else I don't know.

15. Rowly

Rowly

A very rational but true analysis of problems people face everyday no matter
    what make of bike you choose to ride, the jury will be out with your dealer
    until a satisfactory outcome has been achieved, I hope they get it right for
    you Towser and good luck ;)

16. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I think with anything these days from cars to bikes there will always be problems and I find it's a very much so a pot luck whether you're lucky enough or unlucky enough in any situation vehicle etc... Looking at problems on forums to see how other people have found the bike is more of a collective response to technical issues and you've got to bare in mind that most of the time people will comment particularly in the maintenance forum negative issue with the bike. Though I do see where you're coming from but I would be willing to bet that the r6, cbr has it's own fair share of problems as well. :)

17. Before I got my D675, I was looking at an R6. They are meant to be bomb proof but the forums were full of people complaining of problems and a rattle that had been labeled the "yamaha tick".

18. triple n

triple n

thanks guys, but its a bit of a moot point now, my good lady has informed me that im not allowed to get a new bike, :( unless its a 955i and they havent made them since 2006..so im keeping my baby, just gonna have to buy some bits instead :D ..oh, and im getting married, thats why no bike...

19. Getting married is why I didn't ride for 4 years

20. triple n

triple n

itll take more than getting married to stop me riding, its in the blood :D