675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

travelodge are tossers

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by andysjt, Apr 23, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

hi to all ,
    just a quick heads up , booked to stop at travelodge today , halfway though the online booking form internet crashed ,so ok start again booked the stay ,then when i printed it out i realized that i had booked for today & not in may when i had intended to stay ? so called them & they said sorry to late ,cant change it, lost your money
    please read the terms & con you ageed too
    so be very carefull as the online booking form will defult to todays date if something goes wrong & if its after 12 noon then there terms & cons ( which you agree to by booking ) says that no refund can be given .
    emailed there cust serv department & told then what i thought for what good it did

so im £49 down & travelodge are offical tossers , i hope to piss through there letter box one day or even better send them something brown & steaming in the mail

:oops: :oops: :oops:

2. Stu

Stu

That's a bit shit :eek: . I stay in Travelodge Covent Garden when I go to London but usually book through an agent. This time I took the missus down so I booked myself and payed the pound for cancelation insurance. Did you book on your credit card and can you claim from them :?:

3. andysjt

andysjt

hi stu ,
    i paid the £1 cancelation insurance too but it only covers you till 12 noon on the day ,after that it dont apply , i paid by switch so i called the bank & they couldnt recall the payment , but said that the premier service will take up the case for a refund on my behalf so we will see but i ant holding my breath

stopping at holliday inn now at folkestone insted but im gona call them direct & book it over the phone find it easy that way
    found a nice place to stay in bauex too so booking that tomorro
    looking forward to going now

by the way what is a global moderator ?

4. Stu

Stu

Craig who owns the site seems to think I'm a responsible adult :lol:

I have admin rights on this site to move and delete post which could be deemed unfit, trolling or spam.

5. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Dear Travelodge

I refer to my telephone conversation with [name] at [where were they] on [date] concerning my innocent mistake on booking a Travelodge at [place] for [date] instead of for [date]. This is simple to do because of the default date on your website booking form.

I deal as a consumer and you are supplying a service in the course of a business, so the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 apply to the contract. I maintain that your terms and conditions are unreasonable and grosly unfair in exacting loss of payment in full because they are not individually negotiated and because there is a huge relative imbalance in the penalty, contrary to Schedule 2 of the Regulations. All I did was make an innocent mustake and you are taking full advantage. Your conduct is disgraceful.

If you don't refund my money in full (amounting to £insert amount) within the next seven days then I will issue county court recovery proceedings for recovery without further notice and I am certain that the District Judge will share my interpretation of the position.

Yours faithfully

Name

PM me on this, I'll talk you through what you need to do. I'm a Solicitor - I deal with a lot of civil litigation.

Ed

6. Graham H675

Graham H675

looks like they messes with the wrong person lol.

Ed what do u specilise in

7. Stu

Stu

Nice one Ed. Free legals Wahay :D

8. andysjt

andysjt

cheers Ed,

i will amend & sens that to them see what happens
    thanks for your time

9. Edski675

Land and small businesses mainly. So - lots of conveyancing, buying and selling small businesses, employment disputes, general civil litigation, particularly breach of contract and land disputes. I used to work for a local authority and did all their software licences and website stuff too.

10. Edski675

Oooh you changed your name :D

11. glad someone noticed :D it makes me sound a bit more sophisticated dontcha think :lol: or it could be that i just prefer being called nige :D

12. Edski675

You should ask nice Mister Craig to spell it 'Nige' rather than 'NIGE' which is a bit in yer face...

13. point taken, didnt want to bother him again as he changed it for me, but if you do read this craig ed thinks it would look better the other way :) so its all eds idea not mine :lol:

14. Edski675

Thassbetta :D

Things happen fast around here - under cover of darkness... dread to think what my user name will be when I tune in tomoz :lol: