675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Tridays Bites the Dust - Croatia Here I come

Discussion in 'Meets' started by Jap_Sti_3, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Croatia Trip with Best mate on BMW 1000 Trials, his Bro on Sprint 955i and his mate on 1300 Hyabusa

Date and times- Friday night 17th Apr - Travelodge £29

DAY1
    Ferry (£45.50 return)
    Sat 18th Leave Dover for Calais at 5am arrive at 7.15
    Calais to Nurnberg (500 MILES) if time do the Nurnberg ring.
    HOTEL

DAY2
    Nurnberg to Budapest-Hungry (466 MILES)
    CAMPING

DAY3
    Budapest to Dubrovnuk-Croatia (490 MILES)
    HOTEL

DAY4
    Dubrovnik to Udine-Italy (440 MILES)
    CAMPING

DAY5
    Udine to Nancy-France (510 MILES)
    CAMPING

DAY 6
    Leave early 8am
    Nancy to Calais (282 MILES) for 1pm as ferry leaves at 2pm.
    HOTEL

2. man that sounds fun, i am sooooo jealous :mrgreen: ..hope the weather stays good and you have a safe trip

3. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Cheers Nigel,

I guess the 675 will have its work cut out keeping the rest in check - just got to get the lugage sorted LOL
    Bloo** Camping LOL a tent on the 675 now that will be fun

4. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Well putting the list of kit together.

E111, passport, gren card insurance and european cover.
    Tool kit? Alan key under seat? :lol:
    Sort Paniers out and Tank Bag
    Alarm bypass relay and spare key
    route planned, maps, 5 liter petrol can
    Doss bag, share tent with mate with BMW
    Clothes, grollies, socks and chilling gear.
    New Lid i.e. Aria RX
    Spare Gloves

Any othe idea's welcome LOL :? :lol:

Roll on April.........come on :ugeek:

5. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Look's like you've got most basis covered! I'm curious to how loaded the bike will be. As long as it doesn't turn out like the top gear Vietnam trip ;p I'm very envious! :cry: ;)

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

need to start looking at lugage, apniers and tank bag. Lugagge I'm going with Tiumph stuff as long as its 100% Waterproof Taknk bag well jury is out on the brank Frank Thomas kit looks ok just nervouse f scratching tank o oblivion with magnets :eek:

Any advice welcome :?

7. I think that most people put some cloth over the tank before the tankbag goes on........ gives some protection against the magnets but doesn't stop them from working.

8. I always line my panniers in bin liners. Waterproof or not, I dont want to risk getting somewhere and having all my clothes soaking and wearing my leathers to the pub till they've dried out.

9. Stu

Stu

Jap

I always take a puncture repair kit (or Gunk your tyres) and a leatherman is handy too. Get a wind proof fleece if you are wearing leathers. It will keep you warm on the bike and on the cold camping nights.

Make sure you have bypass code entered into your alarm. Jean lost the fob from her alarm on our last french trip. Fortunately it landed in the fairing and she found it when we stopped.

The battery is crap on the D675 so some jump leads would be a good idea. HG sell some small bike leads.

Stu

10. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Cheers Stu,

Puncture repair kit top of the list, Having the Heiner Gerik Waterproos with linings saves in the fleece. Alarm by pass and spare key on list. Naphed up and put 5 lts of diesel in this week what a twat but never switched on now I know I need a 5-10 mill len key and soket set in the kit too.

Well bad experiance but now know how to whip off tank drain and flush within the hour LOL

Thanks for the tip mate. You out playing this week end?

11. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Got New Lid Sorted

Got the Shoei XR1000 CUTLASS TC2
    Partno SH/0367111

The XR1000 is the perfect sports/touring helmet. Developed and improved over many years it is big on safety, but at the same time extremely comfortable and easy to wear with excellent ventilation and stunning good looks.

http://www.powersport.co.uk/07stockdeta ... d=&group=1

I got it in Grey............. So light you dont even know it's on your bonce. :geek: Plus £120 OFF :D :D :D
    At Accrington Bike Shop................... Nice One Accerss

12. Stu

Stu

Been up to Malham in the Yorkshire Dales this weekend but in the Landy :)

13. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Good option Stu................. Well white over here.

Just scrounged Volvo XC70 off the other half for work tomorrow................... ;)

Done a bit of adjusting on Throttle Cable and chain today, just need to get tyres topped up. Not checked them in 6 months :oops:

14. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

How's the preparation going? Only a couple months to go! ;p

15. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Only just spotted this thread. Wow, i really want to do a tour around Europe. So far the most adventurous i've got is a day trip to france. Hope all goes well, we will want to see some pictures when you get back.

16. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Mate has just sent me the route and the tripdetails looking at just short on 4000 miles in 6 days can't wait. Prep all going to plan - got Helmet, Bags and just need to sort tent and Sleeping bags now as mine is just too big..................LOL

17. Stu

Stu

TK Maxx have some sleeping bags in. The Leeds one does any how. Being ex military you'll know the benefits of a good sleeping mat too to insulate you from the cold floor. Thermarest are good and pack up small.

I have a No7 burner if you want to borrow it :)

Attached Files:

18. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Ok here it is:

From Calais (F) to Dijon (F) = Motorway
    Dijon (F) to Annecy (F)- Motorway /A and B roads
    Annecy (F) to Milano (I)- A roads via Switzerland
    Milano (I) to Bologna (I) - A roads
    Bologna (I) to Udine (I) - coastal A roads (May change this leg to Kranjska Gora (SLO) or Kranj (SLO)
    Udine (I)to Garmish (D)(Baveria) Via Villach (Au)- Mountain A/B roads
    Garmish (D)(Baveria) to Frieburg im Briesgau (D) - A roads
    Frieburg in Briesgau (D) - Luxembourg (L)- Black forest roads/A/Motorway
    Luxembourg (L) - Mons (B) A roads/Motorway
    Mons (B) - Calais (F)

I need to have a look on Maposourse and break eack part into Miles and Hours and build in some form of resiliance and backup route Also split the days down to proper milages. 500+ miles a day is easy on Motroways but in the same time frame maybe only be able to manage 250 miles if its B roads or Mountainous roads.

19. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Pic not come through, thanks for he offer tu but burner ma be a bit big :eek: I'll get soted with a small one and aI already have the frying pan LOL :lol:

20. Stu

Stu

Hopefully this will work. Pre heat and fits in a 57 webbing waterbottle pouch so not that big.