675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Triumph E-Moto - thoughts?

Discussion in 'General' started by GazP, Mar 26, 2021.

1. GazP

GazP

2. Like it or loath it, it’s coming.

3. StMarks

StMarks PTG

I'm holding out for the hydrogen adaption kit for my D675

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cupracing

Cupracing

I think electric motorcycles will kill it for most as it will take a lot from the experience and then there is the huge cost of buying one. I wonder how many Harley Live wires have been sold at £30k

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. R4CKS675

R4CKS675

I think it looks the absolute nuts but am I going to be trading my howling triple ICE in for one? Not just yet. I know its coming I'm just not convinced by it all yet. The sound of bikes and cars is all part of the experience in my mind and its going to be difficult to see past it.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using 675.cc mobile app

6. Frequent Flyer

Frequent Flyer

It looks nice, but will it get me home the 30mi over the Brecon Beacons when it says “range left 40mi”... my phone and laptop go from 10% to 0% very swiftly...

There aren’t many places to charge up out in the sticks either - and those that do have them wouldn’t cope with the summer influx of 100’s of bikes, all needing a charge at the same time... electric bikes will be the death of Sunday rides and being able to just follow your nose - they will work for city commuters doing 20-50mi each way, with a charge point at the office/home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GazP

GazP

The technology is still really in its infancy. Which seems strange to say given that the the first ev car was made around the 1890s. I think ignoring the supply chain and infrastructure challenges now that will be resolved. It’s the experience. Motorbike market is different from cars as for the most of us it is done for enjoyment and the things we associate with riding like the sound etc.
    I think E bikes will bring something different but also cool. There’ll be no denying the torque these things will deliver will be mind blowing.
    Certainly will be interesting to ride one!

Sent from my iPhone using 675.cc

8. Looks great but I can't get excited about it.
    It'll be far too expensive, take too long to recharge and the battery will be flat after a hour.
    Nah!!

At least not yet.

9. Ntecuk

Ntecuk

I'm okay with cars going electric.
    But well I'll be sticking with ice on two wheels

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

10. D41

D41

Even the "artist's impression" looks heavy!!
    I think an electric bike has potential as a commuter rather than as an all-day toy.
    Or on the track.... especially if you could swap out battery packs between sessions..... but then you'd need a whole other kit & kaboodle to haul around with you.... which would probably make it more bother than it's worth.
    Interesting, but not exciting.