675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

triumph race can

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Tweaks' started by mumf, Jul 24, 2009.

1. mumf

mumf

Hi folks
    I'm thinking off getting a triumph race can for my 675, my dealer said it does not need re mapping.I've also heard it does, so now a little confused . Has any bod had one and can help me, also , if so what do they sound like, recommend or not . cheers :D

2. hi mate, not heard the t o r can but the arrow sounds good though about twice the price of the triumph one, plus the arrow is road legal and the triumph one aint ...as for the map, i dont think you NEED one but its recommended and makes your bike go better...im sure someone will enlighten you further

3. You will need to remap of the bike will run lean.

4. The bike WILL need a remap to run properly, I would not have much confidence in that dealer if they give out such poor advice.

5. mumf

mumf

Cheers guys , just as I suspected , thanks everybod. a clue to the dealer who also tightened my chain to breaking point on its first service, it starts with f and ends with owlers, happy half term. bloody kids....dam this ciders good.x :roll:

6. kingfixer

kingfixer

They should rename themselves howlers :eek:

7. davelad1959

davelad1959

Had the Triumph race can fitted & RE-MAPPED by my local dealer Pidcocks last year, sounds awsome, at least as good as the Arrow (which by the way is illeagal without the baffle in) definitely needs a re-map & gets about 6hp more (Triumph won't give official figures) I like it cos it doesn't attract attention by mr plod & the "not for road use" markings are difficult to see when it's fitted. Look at my gallery pic of the integrated rear light to see what it looks like. :D :twisted:

8. I like the intergrated taillight Dave - fleabay?

9. davelad1959

davelad1959

10. spike

spike

be careful from an insurance point of view though dave if you bin the bike and they find the can they wont payout mate

11. this is a question i wanted to ask. when i did an insurance quote the other day it stated that the bike must be road legal. if i wrecked my bike and the insurance wouldn't pay out i'd be an ex biker (temporarily) due to lack of funds for a replacement. i wouldn't give them the pleasure though.

12. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

I can't remember whether i have told mine or not, so I'd better write to them :eek:

13. davelad1959

davelad1959

I Binned (TOTALLED!) an SV 1000 2 year ago with custom made aftermarket cans (incredibly loud!!!!!) I got the bike recovered myself to my garage then took all the naughty bits off that wern't damaged & replaced them with the original, one of the cans was badly damaged o/s so i just took it off & left the front pipe, with the explanation that it must have come off up the "cat n fiddle" so if they wanted it they were welcome to go & find it.

14. I've had the Arrow can fitted by the dealer. It's road legal etc etc. They assure me that as it's road legal and fitted fitted by them, I don't have to let my insurance company know.

15. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Kieron, I'd tell them if I were you. Then they can't say they didn't know. You're sposed to disclose all mods to the bike.

16. I agree with Ed - any modifications which may affect alter the performance must be declared.

17. spike

spike

all i know is that there is forever people writing in to mcn letters complaining that insurance companies are not paying out for trivial modifications like grips, levers etc
    time and again they say you should of informed the insurance company etc.
    lets be honest your dealing with money making pirates who like nothing more than squirming out of paying out.
    bike insurers are renowned for it, check your small print you will be astounded what they consider as voiding the insurance. body modification or performance i would tell them just to be safe

18. markirel

markirel

I'm with Hastings and they let me have 3x mods without a change of premium and this time its down for non-standard exhaust, carbon bits (collectively) and screen. Last time on my CBR I had a Blueflame exhaust and a race-fairing with day-time MOT (no lights, reflectors, mirrors...) and that too was declared and insured OK without additional cost.
    I think it is highly dependent on insurer but all I can say is pick a reputable one and be honest with what you have done to your bike.