675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Triumph Sports Panniers and Low Gel Seat

Discussion in 'General' started by DaytonaSparky, May 27, 2009.

1. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience of the Triumph Sports Panniers or the Low Gel seat?

Triumph currently have pretty good deals on some accesories (not many for 675 tho) and the panniers are on for £78 (almost £60 saving) and the Low gel seat (not the normal one one their website) for £50.

If anyone can tell me if these items are are good deal that would be great.

Obviosuly if anyone has had any problems I would like to hear about it!

Cheers

2. Rowly

Rowly

I paid over £80 for my low gel seat, so £50 seems a good deal to me.

3. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

Hi Rowly,

Is it any good?

I am 6ft, so don't really want to be too low and too cramped up. Not really an issue of needing to reach the floor....but as you said....a good deal so think I may go for it!

4. Rowly

Rowly

I'm very happy with it on two points, firstly it does give me just that little bit
    more foot stability when at rest and secondly I find it very comfortable even
    after a couple of hours in the saddle.

Are both Gel seats £50 or is only for the low one? the reason why I ask is
    if you don't have a issue with reaching the floor you may as well go for the
    standard gel seat.

5. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

The annoying thing is that they only have the low one on special offer!

And I have been wanting a gel seat, so may just go for it.

Cheers Rowly

6. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

7. Rowly

Rowly

Glad you posted this Ed, wasn't aware of these offers so just ordered the aero screen
    part A9708057 £60.43 instead of £95 cheers ;)

8. Sparky, I was chatting to Rich675 I think the other week about the Daytona panniers, they are shit mate. If you like wet t-shirts and ruined clobber even when the covers are on then go ahead and buy a set. the problem is that when the bags are well packed the covers simply are not big enough. water leaks in like buggery round the edges. If you are going to buy, then put a bin bag in first as a liner. I complained to Triumph about it, but got nowhere, so flogged them on e-bay. Better off with the VENTURA kit I have now, or Oxfords. ;)

Gel Seat - Must have mate - cracking bit of kit.

9. I've a set of the sports panniers and find them to be fine. I rode a to wedding in southampton last year with a suit on the back! (7hrs of constant rain) and everything was dry? I didn't have the bags expanded so covers fitted, but you can't have it both ways. They're good up to atleast 135 ( 80 is the max the stated speed)

having said that I've now a Kriega backpack and find I don't often need to use them.

10. DaytonaSparky

DaytonaSparky

I purchased them on Friday!

I will keep an eye on them Art...thanks for the heads up.

I have an Overboard backpack, which is submersible, but before I always used to line the bag with a bin bag, so I will just use that old trick! Just need to find a decent way of protecting the paintwork.

The seat is awesome tho. Just came back from Thruxton (which was also awesome) and it didn't feel like I had been anywhere. I also think that because I am slightly lower (although I don't think by much), it seems to be a bit better on my wrists