675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

trust me crash bungs are a must.!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ram675, Dec 13, 2009.

1. ram675

ram675

Im [email protected]%ed i dropped and slid my bike yesterday afternoon.I was pulling out from the shop where i just had my custom 2 2bros exhaust fitted(looks and sounds sick will post pics wen i mentally recover from my ordeal)and as i pulled out i hit a diesel patch and started to do a sort of drift(which musta looked amazing)she slipped gripped and flipped me off the technical word being a high side.

Luckily i must of only been duing aboul 10 mph and when she came to a stop it was like my worse nightmare was realised.As i walked toward her i cudnt see any damage,by this time my pal and the mechanic came running over and asked all the relevant questions as they picked my 675 up.To my amazement it was a miracle only 1 small scuff that can be polished out and my rear break got bent but all relevant crash bungs were hit and just goes to show how effective they are.

Not a lot i cuda done about the whole situation and i am absolutely screwin i gotta get a touch up done on my new se675 pride and joy especially after just spendin out on the exhaust but it cuda been much much worse and thank god for t3 crash bungs.If u aint got bungs trust me get sum and get the ones that mount on th the lump and frame.Cheers and thanks for sharing my pain and shame.

2. Rowly

Rowly

It could happen to anyone of us ram675 but as you rightly point out crash protection is a must for those unexpected moments, it can save you a few ££££ in repairs but they never spare you your :oops: :oops: :oops: no injuries to yourself I take it ???

3. D41

D41

+1 Defo worthwhile few $$$ spent...all it takes is just one small tip-over in the garage to break the bank.

Which reminds me....I must order a set of frame-sliders for the wife - might get me a set of rear-end sliders at the same time. :thanks:

4. SV_Justin

SV_Justin

Couldnt agree more. If you dont have them, get them!!

5. ram675

ram675

no injuries just bright red face.oh and mental trauma.my pride and joy

6. ram675

ram675

cold tyres damp road and diesel deadly combo.i stood ther and was utterly dumbfounded.life eh.

7. ram675

ram675

u never think itll happen to u and laugh at others but its a biatch when it does.

8. problem i have is they look bloody ugly.

I want top block to produce some, expensive but nice
    [​IMG]

9. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Hey I got T3s!!! (Unused :lol: ) I dropped my D650 a few years back - no bungs - oh it was expensive.

10. Must get my self some crash protection, as i dropped the bike the other week in the garage!! Took it off the paddock stand and forgot to put the side stand down. Fell into side wall, mirror folding into nose fairing and broke! marked engine cover and to scratches on tail unit. That was on a good afternoon, and looking to be an expensive one as well. :(

11. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

This is my bike with T3s, they aren't fugly :evil:

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_Picture114.jpg

Looks like the tank has a damn great ding in it, but it hasn't & never has had.

Other side

ai10.photobucket.com_albums_a127_Sythree_IMG_0922.jpg

12. ram675

ram675

Ed get ur self some cotton reels for front and back mine were hit when it dropped.A must have.oh and top block looks fekin ugly.

13. henrymc

henrymc

Is that a street triple Godzilla? Those protectors won't fit on a Daytona.
    The GB or T3 bungs would look pretty slick on the street.

14. Yeah henry that is a street triple and wont fit a Daytona, however when i got in contact with their UK suppliers they said one was under development, without any bodywork modification needed.

15. henrymc

henrymc

Cheers Rowly I had RG's fitted but they were crap.badly designed. Filled the holes when I had the bike re sprayed and had GB's fitted, much better

16. D41

D41

I've come full circle on the whole 'crash bung' thing - initially it was like "so I have to put holes in my fairings in order to avoid putting holes in my fairings?" Then I bought my Valmoto fairings from a local lad on www.daytona600.org (shameless plug - we have 675 riders on there also!) & the panels were already cut for bungs so no choice but to add them...3 days later said lad crashed on the track & his bungs TOTALLY saved his D600...absolutely no regrets, now. Besides, - you don't even notice them after a week or two!!

17. I was searching for different possibilities and found some LSL bungs that looked very carefully designed. I couldn't find any UK supplier. Has anyone seen or used these?
    http://www.pure-triumph.com/catalog/85

18. D41

D41

I've heard both good & bad about LSL bungs...about what you would expect, as everyone's experience of "using" them is different - more than happy to act as a "middle man" for any UK members that want them, though - save on shipping etc.

19. THanks for that D41. By save on the shipping, are you happy to ride over to Manchester with them or are you thinking of a few Limeys grouping together and putting an order in?

20. henrymc

henrymc

Demon tweaks in Wrexham stock the LSL protectors Ritchtea.