675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

tyres

Discussion in 'General' started by triple n, Feb 6, 2009.

1. triple n

triple n

hi all, any of you know anything about contiforce tyres, theres some on ebay and was wondering if they were a bargain or complete sh*te, your thoughts are appreciated

2. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I used to have continental contiforce tyres on my old r6. Lasted a long time, good grip dry and wet and felt stable. Though I was only using them for casual riding and never really thrashed the bike enough to see what they're like in extremes. Not sure what they would be like on the 675, I suppose that'll depend on everyone's individual riding style, but they were good for the price I seem to remember.

3. triple n

triple n

thanks craig..think it may be worth investigating a bit more

4. T9Steve

T9Steve

Hi Nigel
    I friend of mine used them on his GSXR600 and found them to be ok for normal road riding. I picked up my s/h 675 in mid November and replaced the wornout Pirelli SuperCorsa Pro rear with a Pirelli Diablo which is a lower cost tyre and can be mixed with the Super Pro front. I have only done 700 miles since November because of the crap weather conditions but the bike feels fine on the Diablo rear.

5. triple n

triple n

thanks for that steve, diablo may be the way to go as my front tyre is new and i dont really want to change it yet...

6. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I Folks sorry to bring folks back to the old Tyre Sagga again but the old Pirelli's are on there last legs with the wear limiter just aboutto level out, Sides well smooth and the overall profile on the rear is like a Piramid with the top chopped off :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw Ed's new Conti Road attacks and they look the dogs but are they any Good :?: :geek: :ugeek:

I do tend to "Ride like there is no tomorrow" i.e. like a Tw**t :cry: :evil: :twisted:

So come on guys give me your thoughts, I comute 20 miles each day and Blast in the evenings and week ends. With the Croatia tripp coming up I need this sorting in the next 4 weeks............. Not that the Pirellis will last that long what with the Pre Easter Ride out comming up :eek:

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

If you ride with Jap, get used to him disappearing :lol: You get a fine view of his arse :lol: :lol:

Oh yes the tyres. I don't do trackdays. I did CSS1 last year and that was enough for me, TBH I didn't see the big deal. So I don't need track tyres. I was fed up w/ sliding around on the old SPs - usual objection, take too long to warm, and don't retain the heat in our cold and wet climate. So I decided that a sport tourer was going on, the bloke in the tyre shop was a bit surprised but didn't argue. I would have had Avon Storms but I couldn't get them as quickly as I wanted, the Contis were in stock. They are plenty responsive and the bike feels a lot more stable - ie no slides - I keep having to remember 'self, this bike is going nowhere, you are not going to slide off the road' and so far I've had no nasty surprises. Really good grip in the wet, Sunday proved that, and a joy in the dry. No regrets.

8. I just put a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tyres on my bike. I think they will be better for road riding than the dragons. I don't really care about cost or mileage, I just want grip in normal road conditions. I plan to do a track day or two this year and the 2CTs should be good for that too.

9. Stu

Stu

I keep saying this. Michelin Road Pilot 2. I got 13000 miles out of the rear and 15000 out of the front where as I'd do a Bridgestone 010 in 3 - 5k. I only tried them by chance as I won a set in a raffle when I went to see Charlie Boorman. These are the touring tyre but I think they do a sports version (I've really slowed down in my old age).

Try them you won't be disappointed.:D

10. triple n

triple n

thanks for the advice guys, going to have to see how much dosh ive got spare...saw some maxxis tyres on ebay, any one know anything about them, they about 160 quid the pair, look quite pretty though

11. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

Mate has them on his Gixxer6. He is very happy with them and tried to persuade me to have em but I needed some new shoes quickly so the Contis got the nod.

12. triple n

triple n

thanks ed, will have to investigate further, didnt know buying tyres was such a pain in the arris

13. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Folks Tyre time again, just got the "Beats" booked in for the pre trip 6000 mile service 7th April cost £220

The dealer as recomended Dunlop Qualifier RR's at £289 fitted back and front.

First question, has or does anyone have these on there bike second, how much did they cost and last if anyone is local to Accrington - Chicken, Only, - do you know of any Bike shops that can do them cheeper then £289???

Cheers Folks

Jap

14. Sorry mate, I've not had the pleasure of new tyres yet. I'm only 1k off my 6k service though so it'll happen soon....... then I'll be askin you the same question. £289 :eek: jeeps! best bear that in mind, thats gonna hurt a bit with the service cost thrown in.

Be interesting to find out what else they say needed replacing when the Beats goes in.

15. jimjam39

jimjam39

From what ive read about them Jap they are a little bit more suited for track use and very fast road riding (I have heard about you though :) ). Not sure if they will give you very good milage. And that £289 seems very steep :eek: The Michelin 2Ct's or the BT016's are the ones i would go for , but only you know how you ride, so the decision..........is yours :?

16. Sorry, I have so far not had to buy tyres, so am unaware of the best places in the NW to buy.

17. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

No problem folks, I will have a root round and see what the dealer in Accrington has to offer.

Ni on £300 for tyres that I know will need replacing in 6000 miles is causing me a lot of concern as the trip is close to 4500 in a week :eek: :eek: :eek:

Will keep you all posted. May be worth a trip to the Rocket Centre too :?: :ugeek:

18. I think you'd be very very lucky to get 6000miles from those dunlops Jap, more like 3500 - 4000.

19. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Hi Folks well I've gone for a set of Bridgstone BT016 @ £300 fitted by the guys at Philip Youles in Blackburn :cool:

Had a look at them on line and at the Suzi Centre down the road and they lood the business :cool:

Mind "The Trip" will tell, sadly they are not going on till after the Tellford Run Out with EDski and the guys so hears hopping for a dry-ish day ;) :D :lol:

Just spotted Jimjam's note - "The Michelin 2Ct's or the BT016's are the ones i would go for , but only you know how you ride, so the decision..........is yours "

Nice one Jimjam will let you know how they are on my return.

20. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

I could have got the tyres for £217 the pair but its getting them fitted, two dealers said they only fit their own.......... what a rip off!!! :? :? :?

And Bung £110 for their time :eek: