675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

tyres!

Discussion in 'General' started by The Fridge, Apr 20, 2009.

1. The Fridge

The Fridge

dont no wot any 1 else thinks but i'm not 2 happy with my oe tyres (Diablo Supercorsa's), 2 things ;
    even tho warm enuf and travellin a fair number of miles, i've on 2 occ's managed to hav a couple of little slides from the bac tyre. i no i'm nearly at full lean on the road and on both occ's it's just that little bit further wen it's happened. iv'e gon bac to inspect the road each time and hav found no corz why it's happened. it never happened with my Mille even on standard Pirelli Diablo's, only with a bit 2 much gas exiting a corner, say off a roundabout. i thort these tyres were supposed to b grippy as hell!
    the 2nd thing is i've now dun 1734 miles in 5wks of havin the bike and the front tyre virtually needs replacing! it's nearly down to the marker block, in no more than about 400 miles i'm gonna hav to replace it. i've always got 2 rears to each front, but not with these.
    going to hav to buy 2 new tyres instead of 1 b4 i go away on hol on the bike in 3 wks time!
    Now there's my rant over with.
    wot tyres does every1 else rate, 4 sum1 who likes to lean over far and hav virtually none to zero chicken strips?

2. jimjam39

jimjam39

Bridgestone 016's or Michelin 2CT's seem very popular. Had the 016's on my last 675 and they were great, Jap has just put some on his so he may give his opinoin when he gets back. Edski has some conti road attacks (i think) on his, he will be able to give his opinion on them. As for the oem tyres, probably still a bit to cool in the year for them at the mo.

3. Rowly

Rowly

Re last post in maintenance section, cant say I'm over struck with the corsa pro's
    either, but then I'm never going to ride fast enough to to get them to work to
    their full potential, so maybe changing them to 2ct's :?:

4. I've just put 016's on my D675, I've only done about 100 mile on them, but I like them better than the Supercorsa's, they feel alot more positive even though they are only just scrubbed in. I took an age to get use to the Pirrelli's but felt good on 016's straight away!

5. The Fridge

The Fridge

ta 4 the feedbac, hav to put new 1's on 1 wk on sat. think i might try the 016's,sounds like a gud choice.

6. bladebiker

bladebiker

I am not fussed with mine either. Too track biased for my liking. I think I will go for michelins, probably sooner rather than later.

7. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

My ears were burning... yep I have Conti RoadAttacks. I couldn't wait to get rid of the Supercorsas, I hated them - for the same reason as Fridge, I was forever sliding. Got quite good at controlling them!! I did a fantastic one outside the office, they all thought I was going to come off :lol: Anyway, the Contis are really a sport touring tyre but they are plenty good enough for my riding. And, they are excellent in the wet, really good grip. I can always tell what the front or the back is doing, and I haven't had any nasty surprises on them. I don't do track stuff, it's all road - and they are fine for that. I don't see the point in paying the earth for race quality rubber when you don't need it.

Mine were £196 fitted from Sticky Jim's in Shifnal, near Telford, but I got a bit of a discount for being an IAM member. Might as well get something for the money!!