675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Tyres

Discussion in 'General' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous

Hi can anyone recommend what are the best tyres for the this wonderful british summer :? I still have the pirelli tyres on ,they've done 2200 , but they are useless in the wet, I don't mind the bike moving around a bit , but a few changes of underwear later, time to do something about .I would be very grateful for any advice, ;) Man thanks xcbrrider

2. Stu

Stu

My vote is for the Michelin Pilot Road 2s. Good grip and long lasting. There is a thread on here somewhere about tyres.

3. I don't think that you can't get and keep the standard Pirellis hot enough on the road, especially on a wet road. Triumph have admitted that the OOB settings are aimed at the track.

I went for the Pilot Power 2CTs - absolutely great for the road, winter or summer, wet or dry. I've also changed the rear spring for something more sensible, which helps the tyres.

Dunx

4. i havent tried them yet ,but i got the pirelli diablo rosso tires , ive heard good thing about them on the 675.net site. ill let you all know how they do .

5. Stu

Stu

After 12000 miles I need some new rubber. I will be geting the same, Pilot Road 2.

6. The press rave about the dragons. Superbike said they were an inspired choice. Personally my riding experience isn't sufficient to know what's good and what's bad. My Daytona is my first bike. Oh .. I don't plan to ride in the rain!

7. got to agree with that, they don't give me any confidence at all even if the roads are only slightly damp, just done my first 2 track days ever and they were fantastic, cos as Dunx said, you get the proper heat into them on a track.when i have to replace mine i'm gonna go for Metzeler racetecs or pilot power 2ct.