675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

tyres

Discussion in 'General' started by skijohnsonr, Jul 23, 2009.

1. skijohnsonr

skijohnsonr

I have read a lot on the standard supercorsa sp front tyre slipping on this forum though i have not heard anyone else talk of this,I may have an answer,the profile of the front tyre is very steep for a quick turn in and has no shoulder at the edge of the tyre,So i think it is probably a cold tyre that does this :?

2. spike

spike

i actually love the corsas now lol was not so happy with them in the begining but now they stick like sh*t to a blanket lol
    but they do need warming through to get the best out of them and to stop those pant filling twitches lol

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had my bike 3 years and not used anything else apart from OEM super corsa’s.
    I’ve done track days, fast road riding and just toured from Sweden – UK and they haven’t let me down.
    Last week riding through North Germany I was still keeping up a decent road speed in the pouring rain but… I will also second the advice that they need warming up to get the best out of them.

Here’s a photo from last summer…
    [​IMG]

4. I like them, but not in the wet, and especially at Donington in the wet :D

My only problem is the cost of replacement.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. kingfixer

kingfixer

I've had the diablo supercorsa fitted, but haven't had the time and with the bloody shitty weather a chance to really test it yet :(

6. SteveH

SteveH

I shall be mostly changing mine to Dunlop Qualifier 2 RR's when I next change my tyres. Had them on my last bike and they are as sticky (if not more so) than the OE Pirelli hoops. Also they warm up substantially quicker and with their profile they prefer being lobbed over which after all is where the 675 is pretty much designed to be ;)

Have to agree I've found the warm up times on the Pirellis to be really quite slow in comparison to the Dunlops causing some serious brown trouser moments when I first got the bike. Used to it now though. Got into the habit of running round the bypass to get fuel on my way out everytime now so by the time I leave the petrol station (Pay @ Pump), the heats getting nicely into the tyres, small soak in whilst re-fuelling the back round the bypass and warm :)

Cheers

Steve