675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

UMMM

Discussion in 'Images & Videos' started by andysjt, Oct 7, 2009.

1. andysjt

andysjt

2. D41

D41

LOL - That was awesome!! - And, unfortunately quite true. As a general rule, I have to say that the majority of people here in the US are VERY unaware of what goes on in the world, in this country, or even in their own city. I must say, this is not something I can put down to ignorance or lack of intellect...I think it's just a different mindset...that's the only conclusion I've been able to come up with in the 20 years I've been here. I have friends, many of whom are much smarter than me, who will call me up with questions/statements like: "Darren, where is Somalia - is it close to England??", "Britain is an island!! - You're kidding?", "The wife is away in Paris for the week, - and then she'll be in France for another week", - and let's not forget the obligatory; "You're English - do you know the Queen?" .....???

3. henrymc

henrymc

Well do you D41? :twisted:

4. LOL D41 that post does remind me of when i was in a bar in Santa Barbara, I had just told a bloke i was form Manchester England and he really did say "Oh I have a cousin that lives in London, do you know them?"

I was speechless.