675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Until Triumph produce a 1050 Daytona!

Discussion in 'General' started by Fast Orange, May 3, 2009.

1. Fast Orange

Fast Orange

The love affair was short and intense .......... a fantastic 'triumph' (excuse the pun) to british engineering, however, until they produce a 1050 version I find that my 6' 2" bigger than the average 16 stone body is a little too big for the 675's engine and size.
    Its back to an RSVR for me ....... the deal is done and I've got Italian coursing through my veins again.
    Great forum ........ good advice and full of characters ..........!

I've got the unused www.675.cc stickers if anyone needs them, just PM me your address and I'll post them on, I'll look later and will stay an inactive member until that damn 1050 comes along .......... cheers.

Ride safe all

2. Rowly

Rowly

Sorry to hear you're leaving us, best of luck with RSVR. Will hopefully see
    you back if you ever get your wish from Triumph ;)

3. sorry we're losing you...i dont know why triumph arent building a 1050 daytona, they did it in everything else and i think it would sell well, ours is not to reason why, i suppose...hope to see you back soon and enjoy the new ride

4. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to hear you're departing with the 675 'Fast Orange', though every bike is differently suited to the individual. The day will one day come when Triumph decide to beef up their super sports class to a 1050 until then I wish you success and happy riding with the RSVR. Feel free to pop back here when it suits, just because you don't have a 675 doesn't mean you cant share any riding stories, tips and tricks. ;)

Best of Luck! :)

5. spike

spike

yeah be safe fast orange and take care m8

6. andysjt

andysjt

send us a pic of yr new bike mate
    cheers & b safe
    andy

7. Jap_Sti_3

Jap_Sti_3

Look like I'm not the only one moving on.......................... :?

8. The Fridge

The Fridge

good luck Fast Orange, happy RSVR'ing.

9. Stu

Stu

All the best. I hope you enjoy your new bike. Are you selling the bike with the heli bars on. I fancy a set myself if you are selling them.

Stu

10. Fast Orange

Fast Orange

Sorry mate .......... sold them with the bike ......... all I can say is she tried them and paid the extra!
    Like I said before totally change the comfort

11. SHE tried them, are we likely to have another lady joining us then

12. Sorry to see you going, thanks for your input and ride safe.

13. andysjt

andysjt

am i wrong or did triumph plan a big daytona 990 ?or 1050 ? but shelved the idea a year or so ago ?
    sure i read it in mcm .

14. Craig

Craig Administrator Staff Member

I've seen various news things in bike mag's saying the same thing a few years back; all turned out to be rumours and nothing official :(

15. Stu

Stu

They were doing a 1200cc super bike but canned it for the 675. I've heard rumours of an 1100cc in the same frame as the 675. Also the stroke can be changed to make the 675 a 900 or 950.

16. i asked my dealer, no, not that sort of dealer, about the big one in the 675 frame...he said he hadnt heard anything... and i was gonna put my name down for one :D