675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Used 675 checklist

Discussion in 'General' started by Davetona, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Davetona

Davetona

Moderator Staff Member

Well,the horse is going on Sunday :toast: so i'm starting to search for a used 675. I'm thinking of a 2006/07 model with up to 6000 miles on the clock, preferably less.
    The question is, what if anything should i be looking out for?
    Have there been any serious issues,problems,recalls that i should be aware of? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

2. EXUP valve is a good one to look out for
    CAM chain tensioner is another

3. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

I think that sums it all up.

May be looking to get rid of mine soon. Only problem is Im in the south west!

4. Edski675

Edski675 Administrator Staff Member

If you're looking for a bike with that low a mileage then you should insist on a full service history. Aaprt from the above, just the usual consumables and any signs that the bike's 'been round land' as my MIL would say :D

5. Davetona

Davetona

Moderator Staff Member

Thanks guys. :cheers:
    BigBoulton, i dont mind where i have to go for the right bike. PM me details when your'e selling. :smileup:

6. BigBoulton

BigBoulton

Well Im not actively seeking to sell! Just money is a little tight and all that. The crunch has finally caught up with me! :(

May get rid and 'downgrade' to an older bike for a while. God! It makes me sad just writing it :cry:

7. did you see the brand new one on ebay for six and a half grand

8. Davetona

Davetona

Moderator Staff Member

I didn't see that one but popped into my local dealership, Laguna Ashford, last week and they are selling brand new bikes for £6500 and they are offering low interest finance deal til the end of the month

9. bargain mate, get a new 'un and you can run it in yourself and youll know what sort of life its had

10. henrymc

henrymc

are they 08 or 09 models?
    must be 08's
    still a bargin as Nige say's

11. Davetona

Davetona

Moderator Staff Member

No they are 09 models, they have them in red & black. Apparently they blitzed last years sales targets and in doing so have been given near impossible targets for this year, so to help reach target they selling then off at £1000 off list. Finance equates to £2000 down, 3years at just under £140 per month. Low finance deal only til end of the month though.

12. Hi Dave.

I'd give Laguna a try. :smileup:
    ;)
    Wait, I did!
    Got their new model ex demo for a good deal.

Now they're offering 0miles new ones for £6500? :shock: That's an amazing deal!!!

Mind you, they did have their black demo come avail at Ashford last I saw. ;) Could save you a bit more, & the running-in, & you still get warranty! But I can't see it on their website now - which they've changed again. Ask instore.

Hope you find them as helpful as I have.

We should meet up when I can finally get some time off work! (Just spent the whole weekend on-call)

let me know how you get on!!!

13. Davetona

Davetona

Moderator Staff Member

They've still got a black demo bike, they offered me a trial. I still gotta sell the Bandit yet though. I,ve seen a couple of clean low mileage used bikes at other shops so might try to get a couple of days off work asap and see what i get offered on a trade in

14. Best of luck.

When you finally go for it, you won't be sorry.
    You may sometimes feel a bit silly walking around with your face frozen in a big grin.

I'd offer to go round with you next sat, but think I better pay some attention to the better half, as I'll have been working 12 days on the trot & not seen her much.

PS. Have you had a demo ride already?

15. Davetona

Davetona

Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the thought but sounds like you need the brownie points! Not yet had a demo ride, but my minds made up. I WANT A 675 & I WANT 1 NOW !!
    I dunno why i even want 1 now, i usually sorn my bike for winter!!

16. spike

spike

it might be worth waiting till march, and getting a deal on a 09 plate just before the new reg comes out ;)
    not much longer left weather wise for this season and you may kick yourself if you jump the gun

17. Davetona

Davetona

Moderator Staff Member

Yea, I know what you mean, but I was thinking winter is the time for buyers

18. redseven

redseven

Excuse me for being a thicko, but how can you check if an EXUP valve is not working?