675.cc • Triumph 675 Forum

Venura Luggage.

Discussion in 'General' started by Godzilla, May 22, 2009.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla

2. Its interesting as I was pricing it up last night. I'd need another job to pay for it! Looks fantastic. Could not live with the scafolding on the bike when the luggage was not on though. I can't believe you have to buy a grabrail to fit when the rack is not on :eek:

Kev

3. SteveH

SteveH

Yup yup

Got a few friends who use this kit on various sports bikes. A 1098 Ducati, couple of Gixxers, an R1 (you get the picture). ALL of them really rave about it, saying you don't even know it's there once it's on. Only gripe is as already mentioned the scaffolding left on the bike after but if your only using it once a year or so then theres nothing to stop you whipping all that off.

From what I've seen it's excellent quality gear. Unfortunately for me though it's a little out of my price range for now ;)

Steve

4. Godzilla

Godzilla

The scaffolding would have to come off all the time. But to me it looks like all the gear is away from paintwork so no chance of scratches and the bike should be well balanced as the weight is where the pillion would be.

5. I've not rode the 675 with lugage on yet but on my Gixer, I found that riding with panniers on was not as bad as a pillion (as long as you have spread the weight evenly). As for scratching the paint, use some of that rubber matting stuff.

I'm just concerned that the exhaust is going to melt my panniers so with that in mind, this looks quite good.

6. SteveH

SteveH

Yes bag is held away from the bike so no scratches. You can sit the bag two ways on the rack too. So if you have a pillion they pretty much use it as a back rest, if not spin in round and it sits pretty much where the pillion is.

All the weight is balanced in the centre of the bike so you haven't got heavy paniers messing the handling balance of the bike. IIRC you can use 2 bags to one forwards (where pillion is) and 1 rear but I doubt you'll need that much space. If your carrying more than a toothbrush & paste, and a pair of socks, pants & t shirt for each day your away then you've overpacked ;) Oh and a 1 man tent :)

Steve

7. I have the Ventura kit on my 675 lads. Took it across to Europe last year, and going again in June. Fantastic, best ever. All my mates are looking at it now. The scaffolding comes off okay, takes about 15 minutes, but to be honest I left it on and bought the grab rail, dont look that bad (to lazy to unbolt it all) The scaffolding sits tight to the frame, so you dont see much of it except for the grabrail, but I can live with it. There is no contact from the luggage with any paintwork, and you can remove your luggage in a zillionth of a second. I paid about £265 for the whole caboodle which was one large bag which holds enough for 10 days touring, and a waterproof cover. the kit is pretty waterproof in any case as it pissed down in Poland. I got it from Hein Gericke where you might be able to negotiate a deal as they are franchised dealers for the product. Online no deals about.I got 10% off. its that good that they dont have to discount elsewhere! :D

8. Godzilla

Godzilla

Hmm thst more or less convinces me. Thanks for the info Art.

9. I'm going to Hein Gerike this morning to price this kit up.

10. Godzilla

Godzilla

Any chance of some pics anyone?

11. Godzilla. Go to the Ventura website. They have excellent piccys of the 675 fully kitted up. ;)

12. Godzilla

Godzilla

13. kingfixer

kingfixer

I am fitting mine this week i will take sone photo's when it's done :D :D

14. Godzilla

Godzilla

15. kingfixer

kingfixer

Her are some pics of the ventura luggage fitted, took about 1 hour as the mounting bracket that bolts onto the exhaust mounting was very tight!! apart from that easy :clap: . the tank bag is an oxford magnetic expandable, a pic of the new tank protector as well as i gave up on the techspec one as i couldn't get the wrinkles out :( so got the motografix one instead, i think it looks better as the colours match the bike :D :D . also a pic of the new Arrow can got it on friday it sounds awesome :smileup: :jaw:
    Next sunday SPAIN HERE I COME :D :D :D :D

I can only upload 3 pics the others will be in my gallery :D

16. Godzilla

Godzilla

looking good. Enjoy your trip.

17. Hope you can get your leg over......

and be able to get on the bike too :D

18. kingfixer

kingfixer

had a few problems i'm not the most agile of blokes, especially covered in leathers :lol:

19. Kingfixer, just a word of advice mate. I see you have the 'L' frame protruding out the back of the bike over the exhaust. I did that last year. The weight in the bag when loaded will cause it to make contact with the pillion seat during the course of your tour, especially when hitting bumps. I unfortunately had the rear silver cowl on, and it got some marks on it as a result. It may damage your pillion seat.

This year I supported the weight of the bag on the 'L' frame itself, but still had it sitting over the pillion seat. (in other words turned it round) Much better. Hope that makes sense. :)

20. kingfixer

kingfixer

Yeah thanks Art, i just fitted it as the instructions but i wil bear that in mind cheers :smileup: